3CX phone Rec. button behavior when Record all calls enabled

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by 3CX-IDEAS, Sep 28, 2015.

3CX phone Rec. button behavior when Record all calls enabled 5 5 6votes
5/5, 6 votes

1. 3CX-IDEAS

3CX phone call recording button (Rec.) behavior when "Record all calls" for extension is enabled is working in a confusing way. By default according to our business needs there is a requirement that we must record all calls. An exception comes into effect when clients are giving very sensitive information which we have no rights to record. That is why by default we enable "Record all calls" option for all our agent extensions but when they need to stop call recording, they press "Rec." button two times in a row. This overrides "Record all calls" function by disabling it but as the button is pressed two times then it looks the same way as at the beginning. The confusing part comes into effect when agent is not sure if he pressed "Rec." button two times in a row to disable recording. In that case there is also no way to distinguish for the agent when 3CX phone is recording the call and when it is not because "Rec." button is in the same condition (looks the same) as it was before disabling call recording. Would be very nice if 3CX phone "Rec." button would indicate or there would be any other note on the phone where could see when exactly the call is recording or when is not at the condition when "Record all calls" function is enabled.

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

What about legal side of things where we need all calls recorded? I think this would need to be a system configuration option.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Help Desk

Bumping this, for probably the opposite desired effect. We NEED to record all calls and disable the Rec button on the 3CX client entirely. We don't take payments and we want all calls to be recorded without the end user being able to alter the recordings by pausing them.

Brian Cross likes this.
  4. Silly English Kniggit

This behaviour seems to have changed in 15.5 SP1. Now with "record all call" on, the button goes blue as soon as call connected and clicking the button it stays blue and doesn't turn recording off.
    BEWARE - this could breach your legal compliance attempts!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Help Desk

This is not how it's working for me. Example, on my extension, in the Options area, I have "Record All Calls" enabled. I then place a call to my colleague at the next cubicle and click the "Rec." button on the 3CX for Windows program. It did not record the conversation between clicking and then clicking again to turn recording back on.

Unfortunately, it's still not right for us and this, ideally, should be addressed. For a company that requires ALL CALLS to be recorded, this is quite unfortunate. We've been looking at other options as 3CX isn't as feature-rich as others out there.

6. Silly English Kniggit

I was connected to a client system (also 15.5 SP1 on Windows) a few days ago and my 3CXPhone went back to the old behaviour. I didn't have time to investigate why, it might be an option on the extn. I guess my warning should now be - "test on your system, this may have changed when upgraded"

7. Help Desk

Interesting. Yeah, I was assuming the "Record All Calls" flag in the management software would override functionality in 3CX Phone For Windows. It seems you had a 'for the better' glitch. Oh well... I'll sit back and hope they implement a permanent fix. We talk to consumers (no PII data is really passed), but recording is required as someone could just hit the Rec. button to stop it, lay into a customer, then hit the button again to continue recording like it never happened.

8. Chinthaka M

Thanks to everyone here for highlighting this valuable need. I'm just a part of a group, who needs to gray-out the "call record button" from the softphone. I believe this is something essential for those who have bought the call center model (including my organization). We are a call center BPO and by nature we needs all the calls to be recorded to keep the quality standards and KPI, KPO measures. We can't just let the agents to play around with the rec: on/off button while on a call.

It would be great if someone can give me a hint / solution to take the rec: toggle option out from the softphone as it is a critical need for my business. I already tried by tapping into some config files (provisioning file and .conf files) in the softphone installation directory but could able to find any workaround. :(

9. 3ctech

Hi Yes i would like to chime in here with an option to grey out recording burtton on client if needed.

10. DL_

DL_

I would also like a couple of changes. The softphone button when not recording looks like it is recording because of the red symbol, would prefer if this wasn't red when not recording.

Secondly the pause in the recording is so good you can miss that it has been paused, an optional beep when call recording is paused might help to know that their might be missing information or not.

#10 DL_, Nov 23, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
  11. D Bedford

Similar thread regarding the call recording behaviour in version 15.x in this thread.

12. drives1

Was there ever a fix for this? I have to have all calls recorded. The management setting should over ride this button. I may have to downgrade to version 14 because of this.