3CX - Phone ringing in intercom

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by isma, Aug 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. isma

Hi, my client asked something that I'm not quite sure how to do.

My clients with his old system had a function he would activate at night that make the phone ring into his intercom system since the only one person that answer the phone and he can be inside the stockroom.

So here are the two things, how can I program that function ? What hardware do I need ?
    We already got a Valcom VIP-801 for his normal intercom use. Don't know if we can reuse it or not.

Thanks

Francois

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Are you talking about a device that has a handsfree function, and can auto-answer?
    When you are using a PBX, there really isn't a need for an intercom, as such, as each phone has an individual (or multiple) number assigned.

With SIP, you can use any "regular" analogue phone type device with an ATA. If the device you want to use is not [/b designed to ]connect to a PSTN type phone line, then you would have to consider, perhaps, a SIP phone, that includes a handsfree function. Some may even allow for auto-answer and disconnect.

There is also the paging feature, to consider.

3. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

you can use an ATA to integrate your 3cx system with your Intercom system and set the after hours ring to whatever extension you use. Pretty much as you would integrate any IP system to work with an intercom system for voice.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

We are using a Spom PA1. We simply connected the output of the SNOM (Speaker Out like a home stereo) to the Input of the old paging system, in this case, they were just a twisted pair on the punch block.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Stay with SNOM PA1 and check out attached link before you decide -
    http://wiki.snom.com/FAQ/Can_my_snom_PA1_be_used_as_a_loudspeaker_ringer%3F

The device can do both paging and ringer. I have it working in a warehouse and it works well.

6. isma

Humm I probably didn'T explain my problem correctly.

We do have an intercom system and it works well. (VIP-801 + V-2001)

My problem is having a phone "ring" into the intercom/speakers.
    This cold be a "night" extension that would only "ring" in the intercom not answer.

Does that help ?

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Is this an intercom, or a paging system? I'm getting the impression that it is a paging system and you want it to "broadcast" the phone ringing, over a large area. If that is the case, you would have to obtain (build?) some sort of adapter, that would interface a phone line (coming from an ATA), so that it activated the paging system and then "picked up" the ringing sound. If your device(s) are not normally meant to interface with an analogue phone line or SIP, then you may be asking for a very specialized piece of equipment, something that you, or someone else, may have to make.

8. isma

I finally got an answer.

I was talking with someone at Valcom, and the told me about the VIP-201 which a neat little feature called "Night Ring".

Just ordered a unit.

Thanks

9. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

The Snom device has multiple identities that can be set to Auto answer or not.
    So, you could set 1 of the identities to a dummy extension that is part of the ring group.
    It runs around $130 as opposed to $400.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.