3CX Phone sends wrong info for sdp

Discussion in 'Windows' started by pstulac, Sep 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pstulac

On the previous version of 3CX phone there were no issues with users vpn'ing in but with the new version the sdp connection info on the invite from the 3CX phone is the users local lan IP (192.168.1.50) even though the sip signalling IP (10.100.40.6) is correct. Obviously in this scenario audio doesn't work correctly.

2. mattscott

Hi pstulac. Did you ever find a solution to this? I was just trying to test something on a customer system remotely and ran into the same issue. RTP is being sent to one of my laptop's other IPs, one not available or the VPN, rather than to the VPN IP.

Thanks,
    Matt

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi mattscott and pstulac

this issue has been identified and will be taken care of in the next update of 3CX Phone System 12. If you need this functionality urgently please contact me via pm and i will provide you with a patch.

Best Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. mattscott

Thanks Andreas. The next update will be fine. I completed my testing using a site to site VPN rather than the VPN client on my laptop.

Matt

5. pstulac

The next update will be fine with me as well. Thanks for looking into this!

6. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

You are welcome pstulac.

If you have any further questions or inquiries dont hesitate to let us know

Best Regards

7. denis.grilli

I know this post is very old but I think I ran into the same problem:

3cx phone version 12.5.44178.0

computer with one physical network interface and a virtual network interface created from openvpn.

The connection work well but when I make a call in the SDP packet I found the wrong IP (the one of the physical interface) so I can make the call, the person on the other side can hear me (because my packet flow out into the vpn corrently) but I can't hear the person on the other side because the server try to send the incoming audio stream to the wrong IP.

Anyone can suggest me a solution or a version that working?

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.