3CX Phone (softphone) using on Computer @ Windows7

Discussion in 'Windows' started by PSW, Mar 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PSW

PSW

Hello - I find sometimes the softphone (3cx phone loaded on my computer ) has trouble connecting to the network?! Any suggestions as to why this is happening or how to fix the problem? Currently the 3CX phone on my desktop shows my name, date and available but 'NOT CONNECTED".

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The Network, or a SIP server? Two different things. Are you using this with the 3CX PBX or a VoIP provider?

There is a Debug feature in the 3CX Phone, which will show you what is happening in the background. That may help you correct any settings (within the PC or 3CX Phone)that require it.

It may also be the network you are currently using it on, Is this a laptop that you can take and try on a different network?

3. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I can always get Softphone to connectr fine - internal and external - but internal - on multiple laptops - can not get Audio.
    Very strange!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

OK, so...The softphone shows it is registered? Both internal and external?

Do you get audio when used externally?

When internal, is it no audio BOTH ways or only one way? Which end gets silence?

Is this to a VoIP provider or with the 3CX PBX? (I asked this earlier)

Did you look in Debug? Anything of concern?

5. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

On my Windows 7 Desktop machine - it was using "High Definition Audio Device" which was installed by default by Windows 7. It works fine for audio in general. 3CX Phone did not like it
    I went to the Dell website and installed the Win 7 specific driver and now audio is working.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.