3CX Phone stops working in Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows' started by voip26, Aug 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. voip26

Hi,

For all of you considering moving to Windows 10 - don't. Not yet anyways.
    I've had the upgrade from Windows 8.1 to 10 and my 3CX Client immediately stopped working and will not load.
    It throws up the following error on attempting to load:

Start(): Unable to start 3CXPhone API Host
    One or more errors occurred.

Inner Exception:
    -------------------
    System.ServiceModel.AddressAccessDeniedException: HTTP could not register URL http://+:8085/. Your process does not have access rights to this namespace (see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=70353 for details). ---> System.Net.HttpListenerException: Access is denied
    at System.Net.HttpListener.AddAllPrefixes()
    at System.Net.HttpListener.Start()
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SharedHttpTransportManager.OnOpen()
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at System.Runtime.AsyncResult.End[TAsyncResult](IAsyncResult result)
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.EndOpen(IAsyncResult result)
    at System.Web.Http.SelfHost.HttpSelfHostServer.OpenListenerComplete(IAsyncResult result)

Stack Trace:
    ----------------
    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)
    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

2. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

Hi there,
    Windows 10 is not supported yet, please refer to the supported OS list from the admin manual / chapter 2.
    That being said wondering if you edited the error message with fqdn / port number in the previous snippet ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. livn46

Some of the guys on our IT team upgraded to Windows 10 and 3CXPhone continued to work after the upgrade, with no problems reported yet. So it does work in at least some circumstances.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. voip26

@pj3cx - no, didn't edit the FQDN / Port number in the snippet.
    @livn46 - that's interesting... it's what I expected to happen since the Windows 10 pre-upgrade checks showed no issues at all. What version of the 3CX client are they running?

5. livn46

It was 12.5.44288.0. I know of at least one who upgraded Windows 10 in-place and it continued to work after upgrading, and at least one who did a clean install, instead, of Windows, and then installed 3CXPhone, and he also said he had no trouble.

I think what pj3cx is alluding to is that "HTTP could not register URL http://+:8085/" seems not right; should have a server name or an IP address there, so the problem might be with your configuration: maybe try a new provisioning file or something? Or uninstall/delete config directory/re-install?

6. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

3cx for Windows works fine when I upgraded to Win 10 on bootcamp.

7. luzbayona

Well any news on when Windows 10 will be supported? Because my program also stopped working.

8. andreaschr

andreaschr Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi luzbayona,

Windows 10 is supported from 3CX Phone System V14 and above . We are using windows 10 with 3CX Phone Client and PBX without any issues :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.