• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX Phone System 7.1 BETA Available!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick Galea

CEO
Reaction score
3CX Phone System v7.1 is out in Beta. Its biggest feature is the new 3CX Assistant. Check out the change logs and new features on our blog:

http://www.3cx.com/blog/releases/3cx-phone-system-71-beta-1/

Download 3CX Phone System here:
http://www.3cx.com/downloads/3CXPhoneSystem71_5816.exe

Download the accompanying 3CX Assistant here
http://www.3cx.com/downloads/3CXAssistantSetup_71.exe

We look forward to your feedback!

The operator panel works very well.

One thing I did notice was that the Ring Group appending from a DID has not been implemented yet.
Is there an expected version we can look forward to in order to receive this functionality?

EDIT : My apologies, it appears that the Ring Group Appending is working on our 877 line, but not our local number. What could be causing this variation in functionality? Both inbound DID rules are set to ring extension 803.

Also, as we don't really need the permissions associated with Extension Groups, is there a way to delete the MANAGEMENT group?

Thanks,
Matt

Hi

the management group cannot be deleted for now

However what you can do is add everyone to the management group and grant all permissions.

As for the appending, please describe the nature of the call in step form and describe the caller id's set and those expected to be displayed.

until now i do not see a difference between extensions, which are in the group, and the other extensions. what do i make wrong.

The difference will only be seen when you use the 3CX Assistant.

The main difference is the following:

Users in the management group are like SUPER USERS - this means that they see everything, see all extensions and can perform any operation available on any call.

Users in the group are restricted and rights must be provided manually in the system.

1 Group can have a set of administrator extensions - these by default can see call details and presence details. Also perform operations on calls must be granted in the interface.

Users in the group can only see the other members in the same group. By default they do not perform operations, they cannot drag and drop calls, and they cannot see presence details. But again - these rights can be granted from the rights tab in the group they are in.

Hence from 3CX 's point of view and the management console you will not see any difference UNLESS you log in with the 3CX Assistant as

1) Extension in Management group
2) Extension as an administrator of a group
3) extension as a user in a group. Then after you have experienced these 3 modes you will definitely see the difference. This is a new concept for 3CX - dont expect to get accustomed to this in 5 minutes. The 3CX assistant has a lot of features and operations.

hope this helps make it a bit clearer - if you have any problems - please post - I will be monitoring this post every so often.

can we set the customised outgoing CLI ?

Scenario:
One of my Call Center client want a feature to set the customised CLI for outbound calls. Do we have such kind of facility?

nickybrg said:
Hi

the management group cannot be deleted for now

However what you can do is add everyone to the management group and grant all permissions.

As for the appending, please describe the nature of the call in step form and describe the caller id's set and those expected to be displayed.

My String looks like the following...
Company Name:##########:Mai

Our company cell phones have our company name set in the caller ID as well as the number.
And as I suspected, the Information on my linksys for the ring group is getting cut off being at the end of the string.
This is why I requested that we be able to specify where in the CID string we want the ring group identifier.
Also, I'm seeing the DID number. I would like to have my CID string show up on my phones as the following for inbound calls.

RG_Name:CID_NAME(if applicable):Caller's_Number
Currently my string looks like this...
CID_NAME:DID:CID_NUMBER:MAIN

I would like to submit the following request for modification.

Enable us to select one, the other, or both of the DID or Ring Group name to either Prefix or Append the inbound CID.

I've upgraded to 7.1 Beta without a hitch. Here is some feedback...

3CX Assistant with ATA adapter based hardphone.
1. 3CX Assistant could not log into the server until I added a Server Firewall Exception for UDP 5486.
2. The buttons don't seem to work.
3. I have no idea what that number is next to what looks like a mail envelope icon. It certainly doesn't correspond to the number of unread messages. And if that is the intended purpose I frankly don't want other employees knowing how many unread messages I have.
4. The Away button does indeed change status but isn't very intuitive. The button should change color (ex. green=available, red=away/unavailable).
5. I'm not able to place a call using the pickup/call/answer icon. How is this supposed to work? Ideally, I'd like to see it ring my hardphone and after I pickup it continues to dial the destination number.
6. There should be some way for admins to hide certain Extensions from being listed.
7. Caller ID is incorrect for an incoming call to my extension that came through Digital Receptionist. 3CX Assistant shows 800 while my hardphone shows the actual number.

Hi John
1. 3CX Assistant could not log into the server until I added a Server Firewall Exception for UDP 5486.
Definately - is this strange? The server of the assistant listens on 5486.

2. The buttons don't seem to work.
Confirm that you are in the management group or an administrator with Perfrom operations enabled

3. I have no idea what that number is next to what looks like a mail envelope icon. It certainly doesn't correspond to the number of unread messages. And if that is the intended purpose I frankly don't want other employees knowing how many unread messages I have.
This is a bug - that corresponds to the number of unread messages you have - but there is a problem as it is not indicating the true status at the moment - will be fixed in the next version

4. The Away button does indeed change status but isn't very intuitive. The button should change color (ex. green=available, red=away/unavailable).
Point taken

5. I'm not able to place a call using the pickup/call/answer icon. How is this supposed to work? Ideally, I'd like to see it ring my hardphone and after I pickup it continues to dial the destination number.
Confirm point 2 and try again - right clicking on the call will give you all the available options. You can also drag and drop a call to where you want it.

6. There should be some way for admins to hide certain Extensions from being listed.
Add them to the management group, keep them not part of any group, or put them in a special group which is different than the rest of the others.

7. Caller ID is incorrect for an incoming call to my extension that came through Digital Receptionist. 3CX Assistant shows 800 while my hardphone shows the actual number.
We need to work on this as calls from DR still do not show exact representation. There is a bug I know of in this area but to really confirm, please check that you are either part of a management group, an administrator extension in a group or if a user confirm that you have see call details on.

Nicky

nickybrg said:
Definately - is this strange? The server of the assistant listens on 5486.
Hi Nicky, its only strange in that when you install 3CX it automatically adds exceptions for other services. I thought it would have been handled in the same manner. Considering that 3CX Assistant is an optional component I don't want to make to much of it. However, the log in timeout error message probably should tell the user to check that the configured port # in 3CX Assistant configuration screen is mapped and open. I'd take it a step further and add 3CX Assistant Settings to the General or Advanced settings to Enable 3CX Assistant connections and specify the port to be used (default 5486). When this is enabled the Firewall Checker should test the port.

nickybrg said:
Confirm that you are in the management group or an administrator with Perform operations enabled
Thanks...that is likely the case. Until now I had not been using the extension groups. I'm not sure you should require "perform" priviledges for your own extension however. In addition, you might to display some sort of indicator next to each group description to show if you have access to control member calls or not.

nickybrg said:
...You can also drag and drop a call to where you want it.
Nice touch.

nickybrg said:
There is a bug I know of in this area but to really confirm, please check that you are either part of a management group, an administrator extension in a group or if a user confirm that you have see call details on.
I'll check it out and get back to you on this

Comment 1: Point taken and noted. Thanks.

Installed and works.
The beta solved a problem i had with 7.0 (http://www.3cx.com/forums/gateway-hangup-problem-8878.html)

A question for the "Assistant": I was not able to use it from a remote Computer (the remote computer is behind a NAT). Are there any hints ?

Good to hear it solved your gateway issue.

Re remote computer behind a NAT - the client has been designed to be able to run over the tunnel. That is to say, it can use a tunnel that can be used for the phone. That said, this is not tested yet but in the works.

3CX Assistant is great, but...

My office manager's desktop is a relatively powerful machine less than 1 year old. However, refresh rate of the 3CX assistant is so slow as to be unusable. On the order of several seconds to refresh the entire screen of 25ish extensions. On my 2.5 year old laptop, it works quite acceptably. Is this program using some special 3D functions or something that require higher powered video resources?

I *thought* it was only my office managers computer and there still might be a graphics performance issue there.

However, I have had several people install the client on their laptops today and I have noticed the following behaviors on my personal laptop and others:

1. Occasional extremely slow refreshes of the extension list.
2. Periodic, arbitrary re-logins which often fail
3. Refresh glitches where not all extensions are refreshed in the list. I think this was caused by a company-wide page going out at the same time the extension list was refreshing.

I really like the functionality of the new assistant but there appears to be work to done to make it stable.

Hi,

Anyone tested to run this beta on the same computer as Exchange 2007SP1 with UM enabled?

//Ase

Of course - there is always work to be done :)

However the symptoms you are mentioning usually occur on a server that is struggling to cope with the amount of updates needed to satisfy your demand. It also depends on other factors so I am definitely not saying that your server is not powerful enough.

Can you provide me with the following information?

1) Can you give me the specs of the machine you have 3CX installed on? Memory and CPU are the most important and whether it is a VM or not. Also OS installed would be helpful information.
2) Can you also tell me how many people are logged in - ie, how many people in your company are using the Call Assistant?
3) Also what is the speed of your Lan? 10,100 or Gbit lan
4) How many extensions do you have configured in your pbx?
5) How many simultaneous calls can you make with your current license?

thanks for the info

nickybrg said:
Of course - there is always work to be done :)

However the symptoms you are mentioning usually occur on a server that is struggling to cope with the amount of updates needed to satisfy your demand. It also depends on other factors so I am definitely not saying that your server is not powerful enough.

Can you provide me with the following information?

1) Can you give me the specs of the machine you have 3CX installed on? Memory and CPU are the most important and whether it is a VM or not. Also OS installed would be helpful information.
2) Can you also tell me how many people are logged in - ie, how many people in your company are using the Call Assistant?
3) Also what is the speed of your Lan? 10,100 or Gbit lan
4) How many extensions do you have configured in your pbx?
5) How many simultaneous calls can you make with your current license?

thanks for the info

1. Dual core Intel Xeon 3GHz, 2GB memory, Windows Server 2008x64. This is the only application running on this box.
2. Call assistant users: 8
3. The lan is Gigabit to the phone box and the extensions are a mix of 100Mbit and 1Gbit
4. 30 extensions configured
5. 24 simultaneous calls are licensed.

Realistically, this should be a pretty light load on this box. The only thing I notice that might be a significant issue is that the server seems to be very low on memory even though I've got 2GB for the OS, Nod32 AV, and Tftpd32.

Hi

The machine is ok but as you said it is a bit low on RAM. Can you do the following: Go on the machine when it is idle and take a 2 screenshot of the task manager
a) Processes page ordered by name (make sure you expand the column so I see the memory and
b) Performance tabs.

Thanks

Unus
nickybrg said:
Hi

The machine is ok but as you said it is a bit low on RAM. Can you do the following: Go on the machine when it is idle and take a 2 screenshot of the task manager
a) Processes page ordered by name (make sure you expand the column so I see the memory and
b) Performance tabs.

Thanks

I increased the server memory to 8GB and restarted the system. Here are the results.

Process tab under typical load:

Performance tab under typical load:

Unusual high load which stopped before I could get the process tab. I should note that the 3CX assistant failed to log in at this point and timed out. It appears to be pretty common for the assistant to just relogin randomly for no apparent reason. Perhaps related to the reason that the load went high and the login timed out?

One item of note is that I have verbose logging on to assist in debug with some other issues we have been having with incoming calls to our sip trunk.

Attachments

• Typical Performance Tab.png
    Typical Performance Tab.png
    11.7 KB · Views: 2,513
  • Processes Tab.png
    Processes Tab.png
    27.2 KB · Views: 2,513
  • performance Tab.png
    performance Tab.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 2,516
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.