3CX Phone System 7.1 (demo) installer problem

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ErnieC, Jun 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ErnieC

I'm trying to demo 3CX Phone System and downloaded 7.1. Running the install on Windows XP I'm having an issue when I try to run the install package. I get a popup window which says "This installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package." User is administrator and have the latest Windows Installer 3.1. Any help appreciated.

2. sbsconseil

we need to upgrade your windows XP with windows update.

an error during the download could take place, re-download 3CX

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. discovery1

discovery1 Member

Disable any antivirus software when you run the install - some can be quite aggressive and prevent the installer working properly.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ErnieC

Thanks to sbsconseil and doscovery1 for their replies but with the latest Windows patches and no virus software installed -- and downloading the demo again -- I still get the same error from the installer.

5. ErnieC

I don't know if the installer was changed on the server or not, but after downloading it for a _fourth_ time it works, and on any machine I tested it on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.