3cx Phone System Billing settings problem

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by xylogistix, Jul 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xylogistix

I have a problem with setting up a comprehesive billing system for my 3CX phone system. I feel the billing information for a particular call must be based on a combination of a call category (e.g. local, moble) and outbound route taken by a call. I say so because in my country, phone service providers have varying call rates that are geared on the origin of the call. For instance, a call originating mobile provider A and destined to mobile provider A will be charged at a lower rate than a call originating from mobile provider A to provider B even though both call a categorised local. The billing setting can only be comprehensive if I pre-determine the outbound route for the calls, but this will minimise the number of available outbound routes and backup routes. How can I come out this problem :?:

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

As you are talking about mobile to mobile calls...I'm wondering if you are using a GSM gateway for outgoing calls, or you are attempting to provide some sort of re-sale service. If it's the later, then, as 3CX isn't currently designed for that sort of thing, you may be out of luck.

The billing is normally based on knowing the originator (your VoIP, PSTN or other provider) then basing the called rate on the number (prefix) and route taken.

In some countries, where mobile number portability is common, the destination mobile company cannot be determined based on just the number as it could have been ported from one company to another. In that case, if rates differed calling the various companies, then you would have no idea, based on just the number, which provider your called party had service with.

You may have to provide a bit more information on how you are attempting to use 3CX.

3. xylogistix

Thank you very much for your response. Your explanation coupled with my research has made it very clear that I will not be able to get the billing the way I though I would. In my country we can determine the mobile company from the number. We have agreed with my client to work out average billing rates.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.