• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3cx Phone System Billing settings problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

xylogistix

Reaction score
I have a problem with setting up a comprehesive billing system for my 3CX phone system. I feel the billing information for a particular call must be based on a combination of a call category (e.g. local, moble) and outbound route taken by a call. I say so because in my country, phone service providers have varying call rates that are geared on the origin of the call. For instance, a call originating mobile provider A and destined to mobile provider A will be charged at a lower rate than a call originating from mobile provider A to provider B even though both call a categorised local. The billing setting can only be comprehensive if I pre-determine the outbound route for the calls, but this will minimise the number of available outbound routes and backup routes. How can I come out this problem :?:

What you describe is applicable to many countries, but the issue is that 3CX was not designed to be an all encompassing billing system for every conceivable situation. To your point, one carrier may have a different rate tariff than another even if the destination is the same. Further, while the primary route might be established for a more favorable carrier, this does not necessarily mean that the call will always be routed that way unless you have elected to preclude alternative routes by limiting the outbound rules. Let's also not forget that some carriers also have different rates during off-peak hours.

You always have the actual carriers' billing statements to fall back on if you really need this degree of granularity. You can also add number subsets to the billing table which may offer some relief, but I imagine this is still far from your wish as it will require a substantial but of planning and constant modification.

The billing structure is more for those wishing to bill out calls that are made thru the system at rates determined by the owner. This is largely applicable to hotels/motels, attorneys and others who use the system as a tool within their businesses. Others may use it in business to simply take the number of minutes used by each department or group and then allocate the phone company bill accordingly for cost accounting purposes.

Thanx a million for a clear and comprehesive response to my query. You have cleared all my thoughts regarding this issues and there is nothing more to add. We have agreed with my client to use internal average rates for the various out going calls.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.