Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3cx phone system can voice conference

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by kirakiat, Aug 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kirakiat

Hi,

Now I have the problem. i can use 3cx phone system and client with voice conference locally. But when go through the public IP, then It not working. Isn't the tunnel problem or other reason?

Thank you.

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

What version of 3CX? How are you doing conference when it works? Are you using the 3CX conferencing capability or are you using multi-line capable phone and doing 3-way merge or similar? By mentioning the tunnel, it implies that you have a remote user. How may people are you trying to get into a conference and are any external callers (meaning not 3CX extensions remote or local)?

3. kirakiat

I using the 3cx phone system management console v11.0.26364.600. To make the voice conference work locally, I use a client connect to the server where the id is 100, then this "100" can receive many call from different ID in a same time. i try to get 8 ppl into the conference room.
    I want a system where the client can connect to the server with public ip and make a conference voice. Any idea?
    Thank a lot....

4. lneblett

I am still a little uncertain of your description as it sounds more like you have an extension (100) set-up to receive more than one call at a time and people dial into extension 100 where a group of people listen on the speakerphone.

In any event, take a look at the following link. It will show you how to setup the conferencing capability with 3CX. Take a look at the MyPhone listing first. As you are using v11, it has some new features that allow for an easier set-up.

http://www.3cx.com/blog/?s=search&cx=016267382801743535322%3Asa_nvv_yur8&cof=FORID%3A10&ie=UTF-8&q=conference&sa=%C2%A0

5. kirakiat

Thankz for your answer, but i using the free version of 3cx phone management. The conference setting is unable to change , is there any way to use conference by using free version of 3cx phone management?

6. lneblett

I suppose you could do three way conferencincing using a phone. This is where an outside call comes in, gets directed to an extension, the extension answers and then puts that call on hold. While on hold, the extension either takes another call or makes a call to the other party who should be in the conference and then hits the conference or merge soft key on the phone to cause the first caller to now be joined in a 3way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.