3cx Phone System Conference Setup Caller ID problem

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jyoung@roanderson.com, Jul 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jyoung@roanderson.com

Hello,
    I wanted to know how you can change the Caller ID which is sent out from the PBX system when you call external numbers with the 3CX Phone System Conference Setup? It seems the caller ID used is my Virutal port number from my PRI line 10006 is this by design or can this be changed? I would like to display the number of the user creating the conference call. So if user 5041 calls then I would like to use the caller ID of that ext. So if the caller ID is 555-1212 then I would like this number to be used in the outbound caller ID.

Thanks,
    Jonathan

2. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The call in this case is made internally by the conferencing server.

Yes the caller ID of the initiator of the conference is very important however hard to achieve at the moment. The next best valid piece of information is the Outbound caller id of the line. We did this because a conference initiator can invite external callers through different lines and gateways to reduce costs. In that case the outbound caller ID of the caller might not be valid for all lines and there will be a problem.

What do you get at the moment when you do this?

When you call normally from extension to outside - what do you get?

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jyoung@roanderson.com

Thanks for the reply!

When I use this option it seems to be displaying the Viritual PORT number as the caller ID "10006" to the external callers. So the external callers don't know "10006" as a vaild number.

Thanks,
    Jonathan

4. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Question - only when you use this option?
    If you call from an extension outbound through the same line, what do you get? - 10006 the same?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. jyoung@roanderson.com

This only happens if I use the Phone System Conference Setup. It seems the system is dialing the other parties and this is why my PRI port ID is used for the caller ID.

If a user calls someone outside the caller ID works just fine.

Thanks,

6. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

You use the conference setup to invite external callers from the call assistant?

7. jyoung@roanderson.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.