3CX Phone System do not receive incoming calls?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by webcrawl, Sep 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. webcrawl

I'm new in 3CX Phone System. Please help if you can

I setted up provider and it was registered correctly in the Remote Connections. However I can't receive incoming calls. Activity Logs contains nothing when I'm trying to receive a call.

But when I set up the same VoIP provider settings to my 3CX Phone directly (not through Phone System), it works perfect for inbound and outbound calls.

What the problem is?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Re: Port not receive incoming calls

Are you using the 3CX phone from behind the same router? What does the registration log look like from 3CX? Does the log show any activity when there is an incoming call? What does the firewall checker, in 3CX show?

3. bluespiderit

what are you getting on the incomming line?
    is there a misconfigured inbound route?
    DOes the provider show any status change when there is an incomming call?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. webcrawl

I'm playing with the system. I installed Phone System and 3CX Phone to the same machine along with x-lite soft phone. I configured extension for 3CX Phone where 3CX Phone setted up for that problematical VoIP provider and make test account with the other provider which I setted up on the x-lite phone. Everything is setted up with the same Win XP machine.

Then try to call from x-lite to 3CX Phone System. Nothing is happened. Server Activity log shows nothing. Inbound rule setted properly (as far as I understand considering it shows "Registered OK" status in Remote connections)

If I configure 3CX Phone to be used as separate phone with that first provider settings, it receives calls from x-lite properly. But if I change this to work as Phone System extension - it receive nothing. Even thoughts provider shows that Phone System is connected to the account.

Firewall is switched off at my machine. Here is a Firewall Checker cut
    Code:
    <18:28:05>: Phase 1, checking servers connection, please wait...
    <18:28:05>: Stun Checker service is reachable. Phase 1 check passed.
    <18:28:05>: Phase 2a,  Check Port Forwarding to UDP SIP port, please wait...
    <18:28:05>: UDP SIP Port is set to 5060. Response received WITH TRANSLATION 10991::5060. Phase 2a check passed with WARNINGS. Some functionality will be LIMITED. For more information, please visit http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/firewall-checker/

<18:28:05>: Phase 2b. Check Port Forwarding to TCP SIP port, please wait...
    <18:28:06>: TCP SIP Port is set to 5060. Response received WITH TRANSLATION 10991::5060. Phase 2b check passed with WARNINGS. Some functionality will be LIMITED. For more information, please visit http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/firewall-checker/

<18:28:06>: Phase 3. Check Port Forwarding to TCP Tunnel port, please wait...
    <18:28:06>: TCP TUNNEL Port is set to 5090. Response received WITH TRANSLATION 10997::5090. Phase 3 check passed with WARNINGS. Some functionality will be LIMITED. For more information, please visit http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/firewall-checker/

<18:28:06>: Phase 4. Check Port Forwarding to RTP external port range, please wait...
    <18:28:14>: UDP RTP Port 9000. Response received WITH TRANSLATION 10998::9000. Phase 4-01 check passed with WARNINGS. Some functionality may be IMPAIRED. For more information, please visit http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/firewall-checker/
    <18:28:14>: UDP RTP Port 9001. Response received WITH TRANSLATION 10999::9001. Phase 4-02 check passed with WARNINGS. Some functionality may be IMPAIRED. For more information, please visit http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/firewall-checker/
    <18:28:14>: UDP RTP Port 9002. Response received WITH TRANSLATION 11000::9002. Phase 4-03 check passed with WARNINGS. Some functionality may be IMPAIRED. For more information, please visit http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/firewall-checker/

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

What router are you using? It seems some port translation is happening, which may or may not be causing problems. I find that putting a number of "services" (3CX PBX, 3CX phone and x-lite phone), on the same machine does not allow for proper testing and/or troubleshooting. You end up with a number of devices competing for the same ports.

6. webcrawl

I have switched off all the program phones but 3CX Phone as an extension and 3CX Phone System. And tried to call using regular phone line (I have dedicated number with that provider which is work on usual soft phone, not Phone System). The result is the same. Nothing in activity log.

The router I use to connect to the internet - is D-Link DGS-1008D. Ineternet line - is ADSL through Zixel P-600 Series which is connected to the router above.

Do you think my router or modem could cause the problem?

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

From what I can ascertain, the D-Link DGS-1008D http://www.dlink.ca/products/?pid=230 is a switch, not a router and the Zyxel P-600 (i assume Zixel was a typo) is just a modem, not a modem/router combination. Do you not use a router?

8. webcrawl

My misunderstood then. I only use this two devices. So no routers then.
    Should I configurate inbound rule using DID? (I tryed to make a calls with and withoud inbound rule however)

I also tried to connect to SIPNET.ru provider. And it works fine for oubounds and inbounds calls with the same config as for those operator are not working. So I'm confused. Probably it is some special provider setup which isn't allow me to connect through Phone System correctly?

9. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

With your set-up, your PC (and therefore 3CX) is getting a public IP from your ISP. Be sure that STUN is turned off as you don't need it. Since there are no ports to have to have open on a router (you may want to seriously consider purchasing a cheap router, and the basic non-wireless, and even wireless ones are really cheap now, someone may even give you an old one) and it sounds like 3CX has registered successfully with your VoIP provider (I'm assuming?), there should not be anything blocking the incoming calls, except , perhaps a PC firewall of some sorts. Have you spoken to your provider to see if they cam provide any insite as to what they receive when trying to send a call to you?

10. webcrawl

leejor, thanks for your help. I bought a a router netgear 1000 and everything goes to work with in the office with the default settings. But I need also to set this up at home. And I have asus RX3041 router there. Can you please advise the settings I should to check on the router in order to normally receive outbound calls?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.