3CX Phone System Feature Research

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by haroldiwalters, Aug 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. haroldiwalters

Hello All,

This is my first time on this forum, so I do apologize if I do not correctly submit my question.

I am the Super Admin for companies 3CX phone system, and I am trying to find if the following is possible, and if so, how to make these changes:

1) Ring Tones - Is it possible to change the default ring tone on Softphones?
    2) Abandon Call Reporting - We currently do not allow calls into certain queues after our office hours; however, after these calls are dropped due to it being after hours, they are reported as an Abandoned call. If possible, how can I eliminate these calls from being reported as "Abandoned"?
    3) Queue Alerts - Is there any option that alerts agents or a specific email address, when there are no agents logged in to a specific queue during business hours?
    4) Agent Alerts - Is it possible to alert agents after they have exceeded a given amount of time on the phone. ( Like an annoying tone, or email, etc. once they have reached over 20 mins. talk time or something. )

We are currently using 3CX Phone System Version 12, and our provider is Appia.
    Most of our agents are using Softphones.

If anyone can provide an answer to any of these questions, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

2. naked

Hi,
    1) Ring tones. If you are using the softphone there is a recording in the phoneapp\sounds folder. The sound that you need to change is in ringtone.wav
    2) Abandon call reporting. It would seem that the office hours and call handling is not set correctly. Clearly after hours calls should go to a voicemail box, or possibly to a digital assistant (IVR)
    3) Queue alerts. No there is no email alert method. The best way is to monitor the extension status to ensure users are logged in. The call centre manager may need to modify the login settings on a regular basis
    4) Alert agents. No there is no means to alert agents after a given time. There is on the soft phone a duration of call indicator. You could use the 3CX phone to run an application on an incoming call that simply starts a timer.

I hope that may help.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. haroldiwalters

Thanks Richard.

This was very helpful.

I was able to find the ringtones. I also found that the ringtone.wav must have a 128K bitrate.

In regards to the abandon call reporting, we currently have calls forwarded to a digital receptionist with a recording stating that we are closed. However, it seems that if a caller hangs up before hitting that receptionist or before the phone system ends the call, it reports as an abandoned call. Is there any workaround for this?

For the Agent Alerts, I'm assuming you're referring to the External Application setting under Settings -> Advanced -> Behavior? That's a great idea.

Thanks for your help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.