Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX Phone System Features

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by astro77, Sep 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. astro77

Hi all, I am new here

I had a potential customer call me a couple of days ago who had the 3cx system installed in their office in Brisbane. Unfortunately I wasn't able to help him as I was unfamiliar with the 3CX system until he mentioned it.

I thought I would have a look and see what it is all about.

As a traditional PBX reseller, I tried out a product called Soft BX about 4 years ago but felt that it was not up to standard and wouldn't suit most of our customers needs. The main complaints were lack of programmable DSS keys on SIP extensions and problems with echo, delay and all the rest.

I have since been involved with quite a few VoIP installations involving traditional phone systems and I now understand a lot more about what causes echo and delay.

My question is then, from a usability perspective, compared to the mass produced traditional phone systems, what are people's views on the advantages/disadvantages of using 3CX? Is the 3CX recommended for a certain type of customer such as hotels, or law firms etc?

My experience with Soft BX left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth as we ended up having to cover additional cost to fit a traditional PBX. Part of this was probably due to our inexperience and partly the product was not quite ready for the market.

Are there any companies on here who sell the 3CX alongside other phone system brands? What type of customer are you selling the 3CX too?

I appreciate your feed back

Simon

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi Simon,

I’m happy to see that you are willing to try out 3CX, although I form part of 3CX staff and not a community member, I believe that this PBX will surely surprise you in terms of features and the ability’s you look for. Having said that, a lot of installation at law firms have been implemented successfully, health clinics etc. etc. the list is endless.

As you said you experienced the other software based PBX, so first item on your agenda should be to test ours to truly understand the flexibility available to you. We offer a free edition that has some features disabled, but a demo licence key will give you all the features but a max call limit of 2 simultaneous calls. This will probably be more than enough to realise the potential.

Also if you decided to become a reseller, a NFR licence is given to you for your own implementations and testing purposes. I won’t go into any more detail and allow the community to fill you in on their experience with 3CX.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. astro77

Thank you for the response. I will be downloading the demo like you suggested this weekend to give it a go.

I would definatly appreciate any feed back from any phone system installers that have added 3CX to their range (or ditched the traditional PBX entirely).

Cheers
    Simon

4. abc123

abc123 Active Member

Hi Simon

We are a 3cx reseller and both us and our customers love the product.

From our point of view it is the best solution as it is so flexible in terms of setup and very easy to monitor. We are an IT Services provider and so we provide automated monitoring for dekstops and servers as well as support for our customers.

From your point of view most things 3cx will be easy for you to support, by having the support package etc. but you may want to team up with an IT provider to support the 3cx pc/server. Depending on your customer size and needs they may want a dedicated piece of hardware or they may be able to use an existing server etc. If they already have IT support then you can work with that person to support the hardware. It may be worth while developing a relationship with a local IT company so you can recommend each other.

From a customer point of view it is great. We have it in offices, retail, veterinary clinics, real estate is our favorite and we recently featured on of our local RE/MAX companies that we installed it in. In their case every agent has their own personal fax number which emails contracts to them out in the field and so they are getting new agents because of their phone system. We are also putting in 3cx in a bank building in town to provide every office with their own sip phones.

The system is flexible from an admin and user point of view. Never ending voicemail storage (subject to hard drive space), easy to configure auto attendants, ring groups, call queues, follow me, etc etc.

A huge plus is also the ability to have the softphone on a smartphone (we prefer 3cx for Andriod, but there are also fring users and other iphone apps etc). This means they have their phone with them all the time and can call from the "office" rather than give out their cell phone number. I personally cut down my minutes on my cell phone plan to the bare minimum and make all my calls (including international to UK, Europe, NZ and Australia) from my cell phone via 3cx.

Feel free to im me, email me or I can call you if you want to discuss it further.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.