3CX Phone System Installation Problem

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mukhongo, Apr 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mukhongo

I have isntalled the 3CX Phone System, which installs well and finishes. When I execute to go to the Management Console, it presents the following: Fatal error: Call to undefined function lic_is_free_version() in C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\left.php on line 2

Could some help me to resolve this please???

2. Halea

Halea New Member

Are you sure that during your install you didn't get a message about some files not being accessible and you didn't hit "Ignore"? It sounds like the software didn't properly install. You would probably need to reinstall. When you do it make sure that your virus detector or spyware detector doesn't intercept it and shut down certain accesses.
    Also, what operating system are you installing this on? Vista? If so, watch your credentials. Are you running this in a virtual environment like VM or MS VirtualPC?
    Did you have a previous PHP, MySQL, or Apache installation on that computer?
    Finally, there is a remote possibility that you have hardware problems with your computer (a corrupt DRAM memory area). How good is your hardware?
    Halea

3. mukhongo

Thanks Halea for your advice. I actually have installed this systems on the second computer after it had failed on the first one. The same message appears every time I try openning the management console. I am running a MS Windows XP operating system. I really wanted to try out this Phone system so that I can bring change in my organization.

4. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Are you running windows XP pro? Are the services running OK? Check that apache and postgres are running....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. mukhongo

Thanks for the support. I am just discovering new message. Apache is installed and when I tried executing apache, it gives the following message: Apache.exe: Could not determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 10.10.0.29 for ServerName. Does this mean that there must be a domain controller for this software to run? If so I could try installing MS Windows 2003 Server. Please let me know and I try again.

Thanks for the suggestions
    Mukhongo

6. demonofsteel

demonofsteel New Member

One thing that I know for sure is that you don't need 3CX Server to be installed on a domain controler. I have it installed on a Windows 2003 Server (not the DC one).

Do you have another SQL engine other than Apache or did you have Apache before installing 3CX Server?

7. kevin

kevin Member

Hi there

It may be that the machine you have installed on already has another version of PHP installed. This could confuse things.

Please note that 3CX Phone System already includes its own Apache and PHP, and requires to not have a previous install of PHP to ensure a trouble-free installation.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Kevin

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. mukhongo

I still have a problem with 3CX installation problem. Every time I do the installation, the systems instals well on Windows 2003 Server machine but not Windows XP. When through with the installation on Wndows 2003 Server machine, I can be perform addition of extensions and all that go with the management of the PBX. After some time, the system eventually gives me the following error message, when I attempt to get to the Management Console:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\functions\utils.php:920) in C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\functions\classes.php on line 49

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\functions\utils.php:920) in C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\functions\classes.php on line 49

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\functions\utils.php:920) in C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\functions\classes.php on line 77

This will then not allow me to manage anything on 3CX PBX system. I request for assistance on this please.

9. mukhongo

The problem is whether after downloading the 3CX software free software and installed, does it require a license after installation or the free software will last for ever?

Your assistance will be highly appreciated.

Mukhongo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.