Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3cx Phone System over Point-to-point link

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by asoetadji, Apr 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asoetadji

Hi guys I'm new in here just started using the 3cx phone system free version for a week or so.
    Testing it out over the 2 offices that we have. The 2 offices are connected over a point to point wireless link using ubiquiti radios. They are configured in bridge mode. Essentially these two offices are in the same LAN and subnet.

3cx phone system is installed on a server using windows 2008r2 and has an IP address of 192.168.60.77
    All PCs are able to connect and get an "available" status and be on hook. The people within the same plant can call and speak normally. However when they are trying to call someone else on the opposite plant they are unable to connect and it would go to voicemail.

Please help me out.

Thanks in advanced!
    Andre

2. bardissi

bardissi Member

The bridge was not intended to be used on the same network segment.

3. cobaltit

cobaltit Well-Known Member

@bardissi

I think you misread his question. 3CX is not in bridge mode, the ubiquiti radios are bridging the two locations.

@asoetadji

You mention the IP address of the server, but not of the PCs that are working/not working. Also, since you mention PCs, I'm assuming there using soft phones. Can you confirm the PBX version (assuming v12sp4) and the soft phone version, and whether or not the soft phones at the plant that isn't working are registered?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Check the 3CX server log after one of these failed calls. There should be some clues as to why the set was not reachable. Did the destination set show as registered at the time of the call? What, in your network architecture would cause the IP to be unreachable?

Can you ping a PC (running the softphone) from a PC in the opposite plant, if not, why not?

5. engin411

engin411 New Member

FYI, our entire 3CX system (20 extensions, 8 call paths, 2 SIP trunks) is on a Ubiquiti PTP link. Works fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.