• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3cx phone system service will not start

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSAS

Reaction score
I just installed the 3cx phone system on windows 7 pro 64 bit and I get the following errors.

An Exception occurred RestartServices Error : Cannot start service 3CXPhoneSystem on computer

any ideas

thanks
Rich

I'm assuming that you have re-booted the PC, and it still doesn't start?

Have you gone into Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Component services and tried to manually start?

Have you tried removing the programme completely, and re-installing?

I did get this to start on a different computer but no luck on the original machine .
Thanks
Rich

If you are not able to restart the services I'd do as Leejor suggested uninstall and reinstall 3cx, I've come across this problem and thats exactly what we did with success. Though thats noot say this will definitively fors the issue.

I am also having the same issue. I installed it in windows server 2008. Any guess what solved this issue?

You installed 3CX version 12.5, and your server is one of these versions?

Windows 2008 R2 Foundation (x64 only)
Windows 2008 R2 Standard (x64 only)
Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise (x64 only)
Windows 2008 R2 Datacenter (x64 only)

This is the complete listing...

http://www.3cx.com/docs/supported-operating-systems/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norb.p
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.