3CX Phone System Unreachable

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Wroof, Jan 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wroof

Hi all,

We recently downloaded the new update for 3CXPhone for Windows and as each client has updated, they have lost access to 3CX.

If they are using CTI mode they get the message: 3CX Phone System is unreachable. 3CX Client will try and reconnect automatically. Pleae wait.

If they are using Softphone they get the message: 3CX Phone for Windows could not establish a connection to the 3CX Phone System Web API. As a result, features like Contacts and presence information will not be available. You can still make and receive Phone Calls via SIP whilst we try and re-establish full functionality in the background.

I have restarted the services, restarted both server and clients, reinstalled clients and reprovisioned, removed the clients from the Phones list and reset them.

Before the update, all phones were working perfectly, now only the desktop snoms are working.

Any help from anyone would be much appreciated.

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Wroof

Please note that the error you are getting means that you have lost presence. are the clients the same version as the PBX?
    also un-install any antivirus from the PBX server and un-install antivirus from a pc for a test and let us know if that worked. Maybe you need to add some exceptions in your antivirus software

3. Wroof

Hi YiannisH,

I do not have any anti-virus on the PBX system, I have fully disabled the firewall on both server and client, disabled the firewall on the client machine with no changes.

The update to 3CX for Windows was pushed out by the server after updating via the updates page in the management console.

edit: I have also tested installing the 3CX for Windows on a brand new machine with no AV and firewall completely off, against a new extension and I get the exact same messages.

#3 Wroof, Jan 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  4. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Install a client on the server machine and send a welcome email to it. Does that work?

5. Wroof

I have installed the 3CX for windows on the server machine and activated the config on it. The client still cannot see the server.

6. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

I have sent you a p.m.

7. sylvie

I have the exact same issue, is it possible to know what the PM was?

8. Wroof

We went over a few different things but it turned out the issue is to do with the SSL cert that we created. As a temp work around until I can reinstall with a new cert, I edited the configs and changed ProvLink and MyPhoneServerLocalSSLAddr to http rather than https and changed to port to the non-ssl port. I also set the config not to reprovission on startup.

Hope this helps

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.