• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX Phone System V15 - Install instructions and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickD_3CX

Community Manager
Silver Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
3CX Phone System V15 Release Candidate has been released!

We have created this separate category in our Forum so that we can gather all the feedback regarding V15 in one place. Any issues you may have or find, feel free to post them here and any supporting material (screenshots, logs, etc) will be more than welcome. Also try to be as detailed as possible to help us also replicate the same thing you have.

How to install:
1) Click here https://www.3cx.com/phone-system/download-phone-system/ and fill in the form.
2) Once you submit the form, download the V15 installer from the links and you should also receive a Verification Email (check your spam folder).
3) Once you use the link in the Verification Email, you should receive a second email containing a V15 demo key which you can use.
4) Launch the setup and follow the instructions.

3CX V15 Release Candidate requires you to take a backup of your existing 3CX installation and uninstall.
After you download the setup, install and restore the backup.

Downloads:
- 3CX Phone System V15
- 3CX WebMeeting Android app

Changelogs:
- View the complete change log for 3CX Phone System
- View the 3CX client for Windows change log
- View the 3CX WebMeeting change log
- View the 3CX WebMeeting for Android change log

Admin Manual:
- Introduction & Installation
- Extension / Endpoint Management
- Trunk Management
- System Management
- PBX Services

Happy 3CX'ing !!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not a big fan of the PBX config window, mostly since I am having an issue getting the interface to load after using it.

Why not ask for the initial details during the install like the old method?

Ok, got mine working. Here are the things I changed:
1. In the backup.zip I entered the new v15 key (within the xml config file) and re-packed the zip. Why didn't the configuration tool stop the process and give me a chance to fix the problem instead of uninstall/reinstall.
2. My certificate key file was encrypted so I converted it to a decrypted key. Not sure why the configuration utility didn't catch this.

With both of these changes things are working great now. Loving the new interface.

Again, the config tool needs to provide the opportunity to fix errors/issues with the configuration instead of plowing ahead. Having to re-install the product every time there was an issue is very annoying.

for version 15 where is the new key file located ?

Hey there! I tried to bump my firms internal 3cx install from 14 to 15. It instructions seemed pretty straight forward. I backed up my 14, installed it, rebooted it then started the 15 installer.

The CL installer started and I followed the instructions until it came to SSL stuff. When I enter mh FQDN name (in this case martiansystems) it says that the host is bound to another key. Then I am prompted to enter a new FQDN name. I've tried a dozen or so in different 3CX TLD's but the installer reverts back to 1 for new installation or 2 for a restore. At this point I.m loading my old V.14 back on.

Re: 3CX Phone System V15 - Install error

Fortunately, attempted the upgrade on a test system. :!:

On installing, get the CMD prompt asking if want to restore or setup a new system. What ever option I choose, after entering key I get:

Setup error:
System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> PostInstall.Externa
lIpReceivingException: An error occurred while sending the request. ---> System.
Net.Http.HttpRequestException: An error occurred while sending the request. --->
System.Net.WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'erp.3cx.com'
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Net.Http.HttpClientHandler.GetResponseCallback(IAsyncResult ar)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNot
ification(Task task)
at PostInstall.ErpService.<StartExternalIpRequestInternal>d__17.MoveNext()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotifica
tion)
at PbxConfigTool.IpSelectRequest.GetMessage(SetupSettings settings)
at PbxConfigTool.OptionsRequest`1.RequestData(IConsoleWrapper console, SetupS
ettings settings)
at PbxConfigTool.MenuTree.GetInstallationSettings(MenuNode rootMenuNode, Setu
pSettings setupSettings)
at PbxConfigTool.Program.Main(String[] args)
---> (Inner Exception #0) PostInstall.ExternalIpReceivingException: An error occ
urred while sending the request. ---> System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: An e
rror occurred while sending the request. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remot
e name could not be resolved: 'erp.3cx.com'
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Net.Http.HttpClientHandler.GetResponseCallback(IAsyncResult ar)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNot
ification(Task task)
at PostInstall.ErpService.<StartExternalIpRequestInternal>d__17.MoveNext()<--

I can resolve erp.3cx.com and access website. After the failure, have to uninstall and reinstall V15.

Any one else had this issue?

Thanks.

I just fresh installed Version 15. I then renewed maintenance for the license key.

The problem is that the dashboard still has the old date but if you click on it to go to the licensing screen, the new date shows.

Must be a bug?

michaelholt said:
The problem is that the dashboard still has the old date but if you click on it to go to the licensing screen, the new date shows.
I'm having the same issue...but haven't updated to SP2 yet. Maybe it was fixed in SP2?

Feedback is that it's working, the Linux version is nice to have and I'm considering moving it to AWS once the product has matured a bit. Observations/suggestions:
  • There's no need for system status to be worded as "x% free" or "4/100%" for the CPU - the charts are labelled as usage already, just a number in here with a % symbol will get the point across
  • It would be nice to have a button in the UI to reboot the whole server / shut it down ready for power off
  • The status of extensions is gone, it was nice to be able to see if a phone was in use before rebooting it
  • I use my own FQDN and cert with 3CX, it would be nice to be able to use that with the webmeeting service, or at least get a say in what the .3cx.net domain I get allocated is
  • Playback of hold music and prompts in the web UI would be welcomed, rather than having to play back through a phone
  • I can only ctrl+click items in the list of extensions and phones, it would be nice to be able to shift+click as well
  • Some way of classifying available plugins differently from updates, otherwise I'm going to have an update count badge in the UI forever unless I download phone firmware for handsets I don't use, prompts for languages I don't speak and plugins for CRM products that I don't have

Trying to migrate from Version 14 to v15 3CX on Debian. However the backup (.zip) is not being recognized from either the initial web-setup or the 'Backup and Restore' facility. in fact the 'Backup and Restore' function does not even see the zip file in the folder location.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchofficees
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.