3CX Phone System V5.1 - RC - build 4128

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by aguilar, Feb 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aguilar

aguilar New Member

i am trying to install the altest version 3CX Phone System V5.1 - RC - build 4128,
    I made a backup
    uninstall previous version
    reboot
    and when i install get a message that a previous version was found and stops

any help will be appreciated

regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. scu

scu

Hi Aguilar,
    Do you have 3cx installed in a server or xp? If you have it in a server, go to services and stop all the services of 3cx before uninstalling 3cx. Try to reboot and run setup again. I have it installed in Win 2003 Server and I didn't have a problem installing this version.

3. aguilar

aguilar New Member

hello Scu
    thanks for the answer, i have it running in a vista box and before unistall i stoped all services and reboot but now something remains because the installer find a previos one and stops

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. aguilar

aguilar New Member

hi
    yes, it was deleted

rgds

5. ra81

Hi,

This is happening because uninstallation ended prematurely.

Delete the registry key "Build" from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\3CX\PhoneSystem and you can install the latest version of 3CX Phone System.

6. aguilar

aguilar New Member

thanks a lot Robert, worked just fine

cheers

7. addinsol

I have the same problem but I could not install 6.0 on Windows Small Business Server 2008 properly. Now it keeps saying the software is there. I removed the folder and the key. Any suggestions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.