• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX Phone System v9.0.13545.594 SP.2 and broadvoice.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

yadac123

Reaction score
Hi,

Any help will be really appreciated here :)

I can connect to my BV account via sip.broadvoice.com and able to receive calls and dial out but all incoming calls's DTMF tone is not being pickup. This is very important because if a customer calls the 3cx system and the system can not pickup the tones then customer's press 1 for sale, press 2 for.... is not interpreted by the system. So a broadvoice tech instructed me to add proxy.lax.broadvoice.com in the outbound proxy and the problem was solved. However, doing this introduced another problem. All incoming call were routed to their extension properly but when any extension try to dial a call out, they'll get:

01:57:16.936 [CM503003]: Call(8): Call to sip:[email protected] has failed; Cause: 403 Forbidden; from IP:206.15.156.221:5060

I've hit a stop and don't know what else I can do to resolve this.

thanks
John Ma

Hi,
It could be that the codec is of a high compression type, like G729. This could mean that tones are not recognised by 3CX. This would require the provider to send tones as RFC2833. See http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/dtmf-rfc2833/ for a more complete explanation. Note that the type of tone signalling, ie inband (the tones played over the audio channel) rfc2833 (signals sent over the audio channel - as data) or SIP (over the signalling channel) is determined in this case by the provider.

The solution that you tried seems to end up in a call failure as if the call is mis-dialed. Check with the provider that you do not have to insert or delete any digits. What does THEIR log indicate in terms of the call failure?

Kind regards
Richard Crabb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.