3cx phone system with voip provider on voip router

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by rachconnect, Aug 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rachconnect

hello,

we have in the netherlands a lot of phone providers that deliver voice survice on ther own modem / router.

you can connect 2 analog phones on the router or connect voip client/phones to the router with the inbuild sip account *103 til *109

i have make a generic sip trunk to the router with login id *108 and defauld password "kpn" (you cannot change any setting in the branded router)

de 3cx phone system registers the trunk an i can make a call. but after a few minutes it unregisters and must wait to renew register.

when i make a inbound call my 3cx phone rings and when i answer the call, the call is disconnected.

i the call log of the router and on a wireshark trace i see "481 Call Leg/Transaction Does Not Exist"

is ther a solution to get this working?

there are a lot of liitle company the chose for the all in subscription (internet - voice - digital tv), and me olso..

so i want to now if there is a posibility to get this working..

when i use a sipclient as zoiper and connect to the internal account of the router i have no problems.

thanks a lot!

yassin lahlou

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

This sort of service is quite common in North America with providers such as Vonage. While they do not allow you to use your own hardware, I may be wrong but I do believe that they will give you settings for use with a softphone. Some providers will do that and other will restrict use to their hardware only, they like to have control over everything. In that case all you can do is connect a gateway to the PSTN ports to make use of the service with 3CX. they may also use a hardware device because the SIP that they use is not entirely following "standards", or has added security/verification.

If your provider does supply the username/password/server address/ports, and has clearly stated that they have no issue with you using your own hardware (I assume that the original modem/router/ATA combo is now disconnected, no SIP forking/dual registrations/port conflicts), then it should work. Should being the key word.

Hopefully someone else using the same provider, with success, can confirm

3. pstmg

Well you can always upgrade a 'new' firmware to your router. I had one generic Voip Router from D-Link blocked to a portuguese voip provider. So I did a search over the net and download a new firmware which I upload to the same router and now it's working with our 3CX PBX System.. Maybe you can ask your router manufacturer the firmware....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.