Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3cx phone system with voip provider on voip router

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by rachconnect, Aug 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rachconnect

hello,

we have in the netherlands a lot of phone providers that deliver voice survice on ther own modem / router.

you can connect 2 analog phones on the router or connect voip client/phones to the router with the inbuild sip account *103 til *109

i have make a generic sip trunk to the router with login id *108 and defauld password "kpn" (you cannot change any setting in the branded router)

de 3cx phone system registers the trunk an i can make a call. but after a few minutes it unregisters and must wait to renew register.

when i make a inbound call my 3cx phone rings and when i answer the call, the call is disconnected.

i the call log of the router and on a wireshark trace i see "481 Call Leg/Transaction Does Not Exist"

is ther a solution to get this working?

there are a lot of liitle company the chose for the all in subscription (internet - voice - digital tv), and me olso..

so i want to now if there is a posibility to get this working..

when i use a sipclient as zoiper and connect to the internal account of the router i have no problems.

thanks a lot!

yassin lahlou

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

This sort of service is quite common in North America with providers such as Vonage. While they do not allow you to use your own hardware, I may be wrong but I do believe that they will give you settings for use with a softphone. Some providers will do that and other will restrict use to their hardware only, they like to have control over everything. In that case all you can do is connect a gateway to the PSTN ports to make use of the service with 3CX. they may also use a hardware device because the SIP that they use is not entirely following "standards", or has added security/verification.

If your provider does supply the username/password/server address/ports, and has clearly stated that they have no issue with you using your own hardware (I assume that the original modem/router/ATA combo is now disconnected, no SIP forking/dual registrations/port conflicts), then it should work. Should being the key word.

Hopefully someone else using the same provider, with success, can confirm

3. pstmg

Well you can always upgrade a 'new' firmware to your router. I had one generic Voip Router from D-Link blocked to a portuguese voip provider. So I did a search over the net and download a new firmware which I upload to the same router and now it's working with our 3CX PBX System.. Maybe you can ask your router manufacturer the firmware....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.