• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3cx phone system

Status
Not open for further replies.

abehar

Reaction score
i would like to know what hardware do i need in order to have a PBX with configuration for 100 users with the 3cx phone system?

It depends if you want to connect your PSTN lines. If you do, you need a VOIP Gateway. Please visit the IP PBX FAQ to learn more about what you need:http://www.3cx.com/forums/PBX/IP-PBX-faq.html

Thanks for your answer.

Actually we don't need pstn lines or connect to a voip carrier, we just want to use the pbx for internal extensions (around 100) and we want to be sure we're using an adequate hardware for it.

We've been testing the product with good results and we want to jump into production mode.

Also if you can recommend a sip phone ithat you know works good it would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Angel Behar

abehar said:
Thanks for your answer.

Actually we don't need pstn lines or connect to a voip carrier, we just want to use the pbx for internal extensions (around 100) and we want to be sure we're using an adequate hardware for it.

We've been testing the product with good results and we want to jump into production mode.

Also if you can recommend a sip phone ithat you know works good it would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Angel Behar

Hello !

Any one with a suggestion?

Thank you.

Angel

Hi,

Try the 3CX Soft phone:

http://www.3cx.com/VOIP/voip-phone.html

There are a few phones online, many are free. I guess you should try a couple of downloads and see which ones you users like most.

phone to use

if you are looking for a hardware solution i would suggest the linksys spa-921 http://www.3cx.com/support/linksys.html1

Thank you all for your answers have been very helpful.

Bu I would like to know your suggestions for the server hardware.

Processor, RAM, HD , etc.

Thanks again,

Angel Behar

I'll try to be proactive.

I'm thinking on a windows XP professional PC with P4 and 1 Gb Ram, would that be enoughto handle 100 extension? I think it will be 20 at most used at the same time.

Thanks again.

Angel Behar

Hi,

The PBX does very little work (in CPU load terms) so the described machine should be more than sufficient. The only real load for the server is if you place multiple outbound calls to a VoIP provider simontaneously.

thanks for your answer.

after this i think we're ready to go.

Angel Behar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammad.k
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.