Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3cx phone terminal server problem

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Tubbs, May 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tubbs

I have just upgraded the our server from 11 to 12.5 and wanted to use the new 3cx phone on our terminal servers for our users aswell.

i installed the 3cx phone on my test server and when i open the welcome mail with .3cxconfig under my admin account all goes well. When i than log in with a user account and open that .3cxconfig the program wants to open the 3CXPhoneforWindows125.msi again and install again. If i allow this in the applocker than it even asks to reboot the server again. And even allows the user to do this.

However when i save the .3cxconfig to the desktop, and drag the config on the running program the config does get loaded.

So my question is? why does double clicking on the .3cxconfig file starts the whole installation again for each new user. The program is already installed it should only load some settings.

2. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Hi,

I think you are running into privilege issues.

Please try the following steps:
    Login as admin and uninstall 3CXPhone completely
    Reboot the machine if necessary
    Login as user and run 3CXPhone as Administrator (right click .msi file)
    Double click .3cxconfig to provisioning 3CXPhone

Hope this help

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

Note that MSI packages do not provide the "Run as Administrator" context menu item as an executable file does.. though there are some reg hacks to create a similar action.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.