Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3cx Phone Timeout on connect

Discussion in 'Windows' started by TCF, Nov 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TCF

TCF

I cannot get my iPhone to connect to 3cx when I'm outside our facility.

1. Our DNS is configured properly and NSLOOKUP ourserver.com from outside displays the correct ip address. Ports 5090 UDP / TCP are open . Our server acts as a DNS server and has the proper A Records set. An nslookup internally displays the correct local ip address and static ip address.

When I open 3cx Phone it keeps trying to connect and flashes Timeout at the top as the status. 3cx itself is working just fine and we have no issues with our phones.

Am I missing something?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

What does the 3Cx server logs show after one of the attempted registrations? I'm assuming that it is an initial registration that is failing.

Are other "remote" sets able to connect to the same PBX?

So...you are only using the Tunnel, or is port 5060 also open?

I'm not sure if you realize that this is the part of the forum for the Windows 3CX phone, and that the 3CX iPhone App actually has it's own section.

3. IliasL_3CX

3CX Support

Hi there,

If i understood this correctly the timeout message that you are getting is at the top status. So below the timeout do you see a message that says on hook ? In this case are the webserver ports open. Depending on the version and the webserver used these ports vary. For example 5000/5001 or 80/443 could be used for presence. See below link which has example of ports used: http://www.3cx.com/docs/3cx-phone-system-v14-ports/

Kind Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. TCF

TCF

I've just added this to the iPhone forum so this one can be closed.

It says Push notification activated. Then says On Hook, Connecting -> Timeout -> Connecting -> Timeout is listed at top ..... One Hook stays at the bottom the entire time. I have opened every port listed in the manual and have even temporarily opened ALL ports to make sure it wasn't my firewall. Does anything need to be setup for the iPhone besides checking the box in PUSH on 3cx, allowing external connections to the extension and turning on the tunnel? Server logs shows the phone connecting..

02-Dec-2015 10:08:01.677 [CM504001]: Endpoint Extn:309: new contact is registered. Contact(s): [sip:309@100.93.77.150:5060 / 309,sip:309@127.0.0.1:5488 / 309,sip:309@192.168.51.1:5062 / 309,sip:309@127.0.0.1:5488 / 309]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.