• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3cx phone tunnel issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

toby_rdc

Reaction score
Hello !

I have a lot of client that needs to connect remotely into our system. For this reason we have a 3cx system on a separat computer directly in internet with static IP.

After upgrade to 7.1xxx (3CX server) we have problems with the tunnel connection.
I must use tunnel because if i use direct connection i can call into the system but if someone calls it never "rings" in the external phone. It is possible to call another phone who is conencted with tunnel.
However when using tunnel the ring works fine.
All looks good, we can receive and send calls with the tunnel, but there is no sound what so ever. If i change to direct connection sound works fine, but in that case the external 3cx phone does not receive the call.

I am using 3cx softphone ver 7.xxx.

As the tunnel is working should not the sound work as well as it is bundeld into the tunnel connection.
Really need som help on this one or someona who can explain why the ring does not arrive in direct mode.
All modes are ofcourse "out of office" in this case.

Toby

toby_rdc said:
After upgrade to 7.1xxx (3CX server) we have problems with the tunnel connection.
All looks good, we can receive and send calls with the tunnel, but there is no sound what so ever.

Toby
Hi, Toby

Toby, if the PBX you're using is the latest one - RC2, released on few days ago, on March 25 - then definitely you will not be able to use Voip Client's tunnel. Starting with RC2, the tunneling "audio" protocol has been changed, and it's no longer compatible with 3CX Voip Client's tunnel or with 3.0.x 3CX Voip Phone's one.

P.S Please check RC2 release notes about these changes
http://www.3cx.com/blog/releases/3cx-phone-system-71-rc2/

Regards
vali

Hi, I'm having the same problem with RC1 and the most current VoIP Phone - this probably means it will work again when I upgrade the phone system to RC2?

Ok, now I upgraded to RC2 and the tunnel doesn't work at all anymore...

Attempting to connect 1.2.3.4
Using network interface 127.0.0.1
Tunnel got as listening port 4873
Tunnel got as local SIP port 4874
Phone got as local port 4875
RTP engine OK
SIP engine OK
Sound mic device OK
Sound ring device OK
Sound play device OK
Tunnel required cfg file:C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\User\Lokale Einstellungen\Anwendungsdaten\3CX VoIP Phone\3CxVoipPhone.ini
Tunnel logfile output:C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\User\Lokale Einstellungen\Anwendungsdaten\3CX VoIP Phone\Logs
Tunnel logging: off
Tunnel connection created OK
Attempting to start the tunnel
Tunnel started
Tunnel is attempting to connect remote end
Tunnel connection established
Tunnel send from phone to PBX: REGISTER
Tunnel has been disconnected by remote end
Phone is no longer connected

Wtf?

Tunnel has been disconnected by remote end
Hi

Please tell me if the sequence above repeats continuously. If yes, please check if the phone tunnel's password is the same as the one set in PBX's tunnel. Continuous phone tunnel disconnection usually means a mismatch between its credentials (ID/pass) and those of PBX tunnel :roll:

Regards
vali

Yep, resetting the password solved it. I probably changed it after doing the last pgsql dump, mea culpa.
Proposal: the "debug" log should be more clear about this issue.

Yep, resetting the password solved it. I probably changed it after doing the last pgsql dump, mea culpa.
Proposal: the "debug" log should be more clear about this issue.
Hi

There is no reason for "mea culpa", important is the issue is solved.

About the password mismatch in the debug log - the tunnel can be disconnected by various reasons (remote tunnel is shutting down, the remote computer is shutting down, SIP troubles) and only repeatedly disconnections MIGHT BE a hint of authentication mismatch between tunnels. The simplest way to warn user about this possibility is to add, next to "Tunnel has been disconnected by remote end", the warning "; tunnel password might not match the remote one" or something like this.

Regards
vali

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.