3CX Phone updates

Discussion in 'Windows' started by drghughes, Jun 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drghughes

I downloaded the 3CXPhone6.msi file on 1 May 2011 and again today 12 June 2011.

The files have different sizes (12,521,984 and 12,527,104 bytes respectively) and different MD5 hashes.

Has the 3CX Phone v6 been updated? Where are updates like this announced? Is there an update schedule?

2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi
    From time to time, we made some "silent" updates adressing minor issues - I didn't checked the last version, but I suppose it fixes the AltGr issue on german keyboards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

The older one is release 6.0.18815.0, while the newer one is release 6.0.19548.0.

The newer seems more stable (some bugs were reported in forum with older one - like unexpected hangs, I also managed to get the softphone stucked, while performing trivial tasks). If nothing announced officially, this should mean minor bug fixes.

However, I can't see any difference in functionality, so probably it's better to get and use the newer one.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi
    I cannot check right now - I'm at home - but i will tell tomorrow the differences between versions.
    Regards
    vali

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

What??!
    They let you have Sundays off (sort of)? :)

6. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi

Sorry for delayed answer. I checked the changes between the two versions: the AltGr issue on german keyboards, default home page link, and a small fix in the SIP engine.

We have in plan to release soon an update, adressing some of issues reported since its "official" launch, and we will announce this.

Thanks for your feedback.
    vali

7. drghughes

Thanks Vali, especially for:

8. drghughes

It looks like the new version is out. Does anyone have any feedback?

9. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

The newest one is release 19920. Download it and replace the old one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.