3CX phone: video support

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by KerryG, May 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Cannot get video working between the 3CX softphone and a Grandstream GXV3140. It appears the only video codec in the softphone is h.263, for greater support it needs to have h.264.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. pjr

pjr New Member

Re: NEW 3CX Phone System Version 9 Beta Released

Just to add weight to Kerrys response - we utilise SIP video door entry systems from 2N and they too require H.264 support to work.

Video is a great bonus but you need H.264 support too (X-Lite offer this but I appreciate it's a paid for product). We wouldnt have an issue with a premium version of the phone with an associated cost, if it supported H.264.

Paul

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

For the moment as far as i know, we going to focus on making the Video Phone with the h.263 Codec fully functional and make sure there are no bugs.

After that is ensured, it is possible that we might add other codecs as well, though it's not a promise.

4. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Also H264 is like the G729 in audio. This means there are royalty fees etc etc. So get other devices to negotiate with H263 as well because when a software is free, licensed codecs do not look like a valid possibility.

5. Borsoock

Borsoock New Member

Hello,
    Grandstream added in latest GVX3140 firmware h.263 and h.263+ codecs. Make sure you have latest fw and check video codec settings (by default only h.264 is enabled as far as I remember).

Thank

Marcin

BTW: I agree h.264 should be supported in 3CX commercial versions.

6. pjr

pjr New Member

Can you please add H.264 support for the commercial versions?

Paul

7. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

As far as i know we do not intend to put anything in the VoIP phone that would require the user to pay anything.
    G.729 for example or h.264 are codecs that we do not plan to implement in the VoIP phone any time soon.

And for the GXV3140, you just need to upgrade the firmware, then you can simply go to the settings and change the codec to h.263

Here's the proof, GXV3140 and the VoIP Phone

We have fixed some issues regarding putting a Video Call on hold, and i'm pretty sure there are gonna be some other issues to iron out.
    Video phones themselves are pretty new and we've already reported bugs here and there to various Phone Manufacturers, so Video Issues may be common for a while until everyone gets their products ironed out.

Attached Files:

8. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

"Video phones themselves are pretty new"

Video phones have been available for several years and standardized on h264 right from the beginning.

9. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

I just upgraded my GXV3140 to the latest version 1.0.3.24 and there is no h.263 support available in my codec selection. Are you using a beta firmware?

10. Borsoock

Borsoock New Member

Kerry, It's exactly FW 1.0.3.24 and codecs ar available in Account->Codec Settings as shown on picture from Leonidas. It hast to be there!

11. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

I can tell you the settings are not there. I did the firmware update with files I downloaded this morning. Even tried a factory reset afterwards and there is no h263 codec there.

Attached Files:

• gs1.PNG
      gs1.PNG
      File size:
      12.8 KB
      Views:
    • gs2.PNG
      gs2.PNG
      File size:
      17.7 KB
      Views:
  12. Borsoock

Borsoock New Member

Weird. Maybe Grandstream should put some light on this issue?

Attached Files:

13. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

I noticed you have a newer hardware revision than mine.

14. Borsoock

Borsoock New Member

Yes, I noticed that too, I think Grandstream should explain what's going on anyway.

15. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

I have a message in with them already. Waiting for an answer.

16. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

GS suggested I try a different browser or try clearing the cache, I was using Chrome. Opened web GUI with Firefox and h263 was there. Back to testing now.

17. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

http://www.3cx.com/forums/management-console-and-chrome-browser-15335.html
    :)

18. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Video from GXV3104 to Softphone is only showing top 1/4 of the image being sent from the GXV3104
    Video from Softphone to GXV3104 is Correct

19. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Kerry

Kerry, in GXV's video configuration panel there is a pair of video size options, CIF and QCIF (if I remember properly, I don't have the GS at my disposal now). Please check if QCIF is the selected one. QCIF is 176x144, CIF is 352x288 pixels.

Regards
    vali

later edit:
    this is the page snapshot, earlier posted by Borsoock, so be sure QCIF, not CIF, is selected.
    https://www.3cx.com/community/attachments/new-picture-jpg.1647/

20. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

And Kerry, i also have the Rev0.4 of the phone, it seems that only his revision has the h.263 Codec support.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.