Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3cx Phone Wont Launch

Discussion in 'Windows' started by sdirge, Jun 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sdirge

After upgrading service packs the 3cs phone won't launch. It starts a background process for it but there is no tray icon or visible user interface. I tried to uninstall and reinstall and get the same results. This is a win 8.1 machine.

Any help is appreciated.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

What OS are you using?

3. sdirge

Windows 8.1

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Have you tried un-installing, then installing the original version you downloaded (pre SP6)? You may not have kept a copy, but if you did, and that failed as well, then there may be an issue with something else that has changed on your PC.

5. sdirge

I tried that, this started on SP5 I should have said came out of the blue. Did a uninstall/reinstall then and now. The 3cx phone starts as a process just doesn't display a UI.

6. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

Hi there,
    Have you by any chance VPN adapters on this PC? can you try disabling those see if issue persists ?
    Also, do you have any antivirus / antimalware / firewall that could interfere ? can you disable temporarly to see if any success ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.