Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX Phone

Discussion in 'Windows' started by dvelleux, Nov 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dvelleux

Folks,

I am doing some testing from home to the 3CX system I installed for my landlord. The 3CX system is working well on site, but when trying to get a softphone connection to it from outside, the 3CX phone will NOT connect. I believe I have the extension created properly, but I will review it in person Monday, as I had a non-technie do the work via a cell call. Both ends of the circuit are DSL lines provided by AT&T. Landlord end is static public, while mine is dynamic..

Here is the setup info:

PBX Public IP: 64.149.253.209
    PBX Private IP: 192.168.0.100

My Private IP: 192.168.1.2

Extension: 15
    Password: 15 (currently; will change later)
    Auth ID: 15

All appears to be correct and I am putting in the right info where it needs to be. Any ideas? TIA...

2. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

Hi, i just tried connecting a 3CX Softphone to your PBX and was getting connection time out.

can you ensure that you run the firewall checker witin the 3CX management screen to ensure all port forwarding is working as it should? and it would appear port 5090 is not forwarding. Please check your router port mapping settings.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dvelleux

David,

I checked the router (a D-Link DI-524 - existing hardware and landlord is too cheap to get a better one...) and it said it IS port forwarding 5090 to where it should. Here is the Firewall Checker output:

3CX Firewall Checker, v1.0. Copyright (C) 3CX Ltd. All rights reserved.

<08:19:45>: Phase 1, checking servers connection, please wait...
    <08:19:45>: Stun Checker service is reachable. Phase 1 check passed.
    <08:19:45>: Phase 2a, Check Port Forwarding to UDP SIP port, please wait...
    <08:19:46>: UDP SIP Port is set to 5060. Response received WITH TRANSLATION 60004::5060. Phase 2a check passed with WARNINGS. Some functionality will be LIMITED. For more information, please visit http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/firewall-checker/

<08:19:46>: Phase 2b. Check Port Forwarding to TCP SIP port, please wait...
    <08:19:46>: TCP SIP Port is set to 5060. Response received WITH TRANSLATION 60004::5060. Phase 2b check passed with WARNINGS. Some functionality will be LIMITED. For more information, please visit http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/firewall-checker/

<08:19:46>: Phase 3. Check Port Forwarding to TCP Tunnel port, please wait...
    <08:19:46>: TCP TUNNEL Port is set to 5090. Response received WITH TRANSLATION 61024::5090. Phase 3 check passed with WARNINGS. Some functionality will be LIMITED. For more information, please visit http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/firewall-checker/

<08:19:46>: Phase 4. Check Port Forwarding to RTP external port range, please wait...
    <08:19:50>: UDP RTP Port 9000. Response received WITH TRANSLATION 61010::9000. Phase 4-01 check passed with WARNINGS. Some functionality may be IMPAIRED. For more information, please visit http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/firewall-checker/
    (Does the above for each channel)

Application exit code is 53

Everything works internally, but the external connectivity is my new issue...

Thanks...

4. dvelleux

Folks,

I was informed by a friend who is a Premier 3CX Partner that these translation issues are usually the cause of a poor router, in my case, a D-Link DI-524. Luckily, the router seems to have taken a power spike last night, hence the landlord MUST let the moths out of his wallet and get a new Linksys E1000 router and a battery back-up. I am hoping that tomorrow by 12 noon, I will have replaced the router and gotten it configured to do everythign it needs to to get 3CX talking with Broadvox. I will let y'all know my results tomorrow night...

5. dvelleux

Folks,

Landlord DID open his wallet, so a new Linksys E1000 router is in place and functional. I ran the firewall checker on the 3CX box and there were ZERO warning errors!!! HURRAH!!!

HOWEVER, once I got home, I tried to connect to the 3CX box using 3CX Phone and once again, I am unable to connect to 3CX. This is VERY frustrating to get something this simpel going. I do not know if is the router at home now or where exactly to start? PLEASE help...

6. greezmunkey

Hi,

My first post here, but you should try a couple of things first. One would be to enable remote administration of his router, then be sure you can access that from your home subnet. Next would be to install wireshark, or some other packet sniffer onto the 3CX boxen to give you more information to base decisions on.

You should see all of the sip requests from the outside logged, as well as any responses from the 3CX.

~~~

7. dvelleux

Folks,

I got things figured out Monday morning after the start of my issues. Windows Firewall was the culprit. One must turn it off if installing 3CX on a Windows 7 Client box. Things were fine after that point...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.