Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3Cx Phonebook and Cisco

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by calberto, Jul 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. calberto

After upgrade to v15, if I select from a Cisco SPA504 phone (latest firmware) the 3cx PhoneBook, i receive a "request failed" message.

Checked the provisoning link in the phone configuration and seem ok.. http: //192.168.10.20:5000/provisioning/random_string/phonebook_cisco.xml

Any suggestion? :cry:

2. Aram

Aram Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The Cisco PhoneBook provisioning URL need to be the following:
    http: //192.168.10.20:5000/provisioning/ ... /cisco_phonebook.xml

Please confirm.

3. calberto

Sorry Aram, your URL is correct, I edited the template and now it works... I cannot find any way to edit template in the web interface in v15...

4. Aram

Aram Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

OK ;)

Here are the correct steps to have the up to dated custom templates:
    1. Open Management Console and navigate to Settings->Templates page;
    2. From drop-down list select the needed template (let say cisco.ph.xml) and press Copy button;
    3. Rename the file (let say to custom_yealinkT4x) and press OK.
    The new custom template will be saved in "C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Http\Interface\provisioning\<AuthGenDir>\CustomTemplates\phones" folder.
    4. Navigate to that folder, edit the "custom_cisco.ph.xml" file and do all needed modifications;
    5. Open Management Console, navigate to Extensions page and edit/add the appropriate extension
    6. Go to Phone Provisioning tab and add the new phone;
    7. From the "Choose from available models" select the Cisco model which will have the custom template name in the description and press OK;
    8. Press OK to save the Extension settings and provision (re-provision) the phone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.