• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved 3CX PhoneSystem 01 SIP Server randomly stops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Rasmus

Gold Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Hello All,

Over the past week one of my customers 3CX installation has been having an issue with the 3CX PhoneSystem 01 SIP Server randomly stopping which is causing their phones to stop working.
I can manually restart the service which brings it back online but eventually the service will stop again.

The 3CX phone system is installed in a cloud hosted server on Linux Debian 8.
We have quite a few customers installed on the same server with the same operating system with roughly the same setup and this is the only customer having the issue.

Any help on this issue would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards
Micahel

Can you provide any log entries from the Debian server or 3cx itself ? at the moment we are in the dark about your issue.

I have only now turned on Verbose logging but this is the first time i have seen this log:

07/27/2018 10:22:44 AM - Exception: ParseException ../../rutil/ParseBuffer.hxx:230, Parse failed unexpected eof in context: 0481223140 ^ @ ../../rutil/ParseBuffer.hxx:230

07/27/2018 10:22:21 AM - NAT/ALG check:L:12.1[Extn:101] REQUEST INVITE - SIP packet verification error

07/27/2018 10:22:21 AM - Exception: ParseException ParseBuffer.cxx:70, Parse failed expected ' ' in context: Contents v=0 o=- 20216 20216 IN IP4 (Customers IP Address) s=SDP data c=IN IP4 (Customers IP Address) t=0 0**CMA/8000[CRLF] ^[CRLF] a=rtpmap:0 PCMU/8000 a=rtpmap:18 G729/8000 a=fmtp:18 annexb=no a=rtpmap:9 G722/8000 a=ptime:20 a=sendrecv a=rtcp:12075 a=rtpmap:101 telephone-event/8000 a=fmtp:101 0-15 ************************************************ @ ParseBuffer.cxx:70

Does this mean anything to you?

Are you using a custom template for any of your phones?

I just ran another firewall check and the SIP ALG is now failing so this might be the cause of the SIP Server stopping.
I am looking into the SIP ALG issue right now.

Ok so here is an update. There may be an issue with the SIP ALG checker across all 3CX installations. I checked with our 3CX license Key supplier and they are getting the same SIP ALG issue on their firewall checker even though SIP ALG is disabled on the router. I am going to create a case with 3CX to look into this SIP ALG issue.

Having said all that, i don't believe that the SIP ALG is causing the issue with my customer. I am going to delete their SIP Trunk and rebuild it just in case it has become corrupted and that may be whats causing the SIP Server to stop.

Reactions: cbpr
Hey @Micahel - I saw you posted this after I made a new thread, but the SIP ALG seems to be down for all my PBXs as well even though they are all disabled across all the networks. Just thought I would give you heads up.

Hey @Micahel - I saw you posted this after I made a new thread, but the SIP ALG seems to be down for all my PBXs as well even though they are all disabled across all the networks. Just thought I would give you heads up.
Thanks cbpr, Its good to know im not the only one experiencing this.
This thread was about the SIP server randomly stopping and i noticed the SIP ALG thing after making this. I still dont think the SIP ALG is the cause of the SIP server stopping as it would be happening over every installation instead of just the one.

The SIP ALG issue has now been fixed. everyone firewall checker should be working properly now.

The SIP ALG issue has now been fixed. everyone firewall checker should be working properly now.

Hi all,
And how you resolve?

Hi all,
And how you resolve?
It seems that there was an issue with the service on our side and it should now be resolved.

I still dont think the SIP ALG is the cause of the SIP server stopping as it would be happening over every installation instead of just the one.
What PBX version are you running and have you checked the available resources of the machine like disk space or memory?

What PBX version are you running and have you checked the available resources of the machine like disk space or memory?

Hello YannisH,
I just checked this morning and the the SIP Server was stopped again and i had to start the service manually. Rebuilding the SIP Trunk didn't make any difference.

The disk usage and memory usage look good and the 3CX Version is on the latest update:
upload_2018-7-30_9-30-45.png

As the service stops randomly it is really difficult to run a wireshark.
Any ideas of what i can do next?

Kind Regards
Michael.

Last edited:
Wireshark will not help you troubleshoot services stopping. You will need to go through the PBX logs to determine what could be causing this behaviour. I would recommend setting the PBX to verbose logging and going through the logs once the behaviour is replicated.
Alternatively you can create a ticket with our support department so they can look into the issue and determine the cause of the issue.

Wireshark will not help you troubleshoot services stopping. You will need to go through the PBX logs to determine what could be causing this behaviour. I would recommend setting the PBX to verbose logging and going through the logs once the behaviour is replicated.
Alternatively you can create a ticket with our support department so they can look into the issue and determine the cause of the issue.

Thanks YannisH,
I created a ticket with 3CX yesterday to help troubleshoot this issue. they are currently going through the files i attached and will hopefully find what is causing this issue.
I should also now note that the SIP Server is now stopping a lot more, it seems i have to manually start the service every morning. I think there is a background process that is stopping it over night or in the morning and then cant/doesn't start it again.

Kind Regards
Michael

Keep us updated and let us know if there is something more we can do to help.

I am just letting you know that we ended up rebuild the virtual machine for the customer and restore from backup. Since the change the the SIP Server has been working correctly.

I did have a ticket with 3CX and they requested to upgrade the service pack to the SP6 beta as they believe that would of solved the issue. I wasn't confident in this as the issue could still happen after the upgrade which is why i rebuilt the VM.

If anyone else is experiencing this issue i recommend contacting 3CX support to make a ticket to look into it further.

Regards
Michael.

Reactions: YiannisH_3CX
Glad to see has been resolved and thank you for updating the thread with your solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davide.luppi
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.