Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX PhoneSystem og VW (Windows Server 2003 R2) crashing

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by frydendal, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frydendal

We are right now testing the 3CX free edition (before we buy) and have problems with the system crashes after a few days without any problems (3CX is installed on a virtual machine with windows server 2003 R2) and we are not allowed to restart the services.

What is wrong?...

We have no problems on a physical machine (windows server 2003 std. edition).

/Frydendal

2. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Hi Frydendal,
    It is important to give us more information on what is your problem. Also can you tell me which version pbx are you using.
    When you are not allowed to restart the services, from where.. Management Console, Services.msc.
    Also what does Event Viewer says.
    Thanks in advance.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. frydendal

Ver. of 3CX is build v8.10824

I have try to restart service from 3CX console, windows manage console and services.msc but is not allowed.

I have also try restart the virtual machine but the services do not start after restart but I can uninstall 3CX and then reinstal it without reatart the virtual machine and it working for a few days.

I have not look in the event log yet - but I will.

/Frydendal

Attached Files:

• 3cx.png
      3cx.png
      File size:
      217.9 KB
      Views:
  4. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Hi, here from the screen shot you send me I can understand that 3cx Phone System Service is stopped.
    So when you start 3cx phone system what happens. Nothing? No message box is displayed?

It would help me if you take a screen shot of the Event Viewer logs when starting the services.

Also check the following -
    1. Your network settings in the Vmware Console.
    2. Check if you installed Vmware tools.
    3. Check if your machine is fully updated with all the latest packages.

Thanks and Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.