Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3Cx plays wrong message on Public Holiday

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by stobby256, Dec 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stobby256

Hi y'all...

I have two messages... one for in hours and one for OOH. All working fine!!!

However,

I've configured my public holidays, and 3CX ALWAYS plays the OOH message DEPSITE me recording an Xmas message and assigning it to that holiday.

We had a training day last month, and I recorded a special message reflecting this. It was duly assigned to that day, and what did 3CX do? played the OOH message.... :oops:

The only way round this is to change the in hours messgae manually.... HELP!!!!

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

I am not sure that I have all the info needed, but simply defining when the holiday is and recording an associated message is not in and if itself the entire process.

As I have posted in several earlier forum posts, you must also define the trunks/lines, etc. to which you want the holiday configuration to be applied. I do not know your configuration as you did not specify how your system receives inbound calls and how the calls are handled.

Some companies may want the message to be applicable to all inbound calls, whereas others may need to keep call-centers open. Therefore the messages may be applied to trunks, some or all DIDs, or other combination.

I have seen others set up the configuration only to forget to hit the "apply" and/or "OK" for the initial configuration setting and do it again on the global page. They then think it was set-up, but alas the settings were lost when leaving without having done the confirmations.

Look at the inbound rules page and then select a provider and trunk/line/DID (however a call path is defined) and notice the HOL settings and also note the specific hours that can be specific rather than the global hours. Click on the Digital Receptionist tab and note the HOL DR.

The bottom line of the post is that I think that the feature does work, (I have used it with success, but without sophisticated set-ups, so there may be issues of which I am unaware) but could use clarity on its functionality and implementation from 3CX.

Lacking that, the only way to ensure success is to give yourself enough time to play with/test the feature and its various factors before its need really arises.

3. stobby256

Thanks for the reply!

It's quite a simple system, 10 extensions, 2 PSTN lines coming in via a Patton gateway. There are no DIDs therefore no inbound rules.

We have shut down for XMAS and would like the 'closed for xmas' prompt played when anyone calls in on either line. It looks like the 3CX takes note of the holidays I set, but always plays the OOH 'offices are now closed' prompt and ignores anything I put in the 'Set Holidays' box-prompt column.

And yes all the settings are applied and saved - I revisit the box after any changes are made to make sure! ;)

4. stobby256

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle (no comments)

Look at aeach trunk and check the box that enables holiday messages...

Huh :oops:

I would test it but due to the bad weather the lines are down... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH :roll:

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.