3CX Port Change Failing

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Eric Osborn, Jun 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eric Osborn

So we are on a non-default port for 3CX. 13050 for SIP and 13090 for Tunnel.

I've attempted multiple times to change the ports to 5060 and 5090 but even after reinstall certain 3CX services will not start. Such as IVR, Call Q, etc. Change ports back to 13050 it starts.

Any ideas?

2. Panayiotis_3CX

Panayiotis_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Eric Osborn,

Have you restarted the PBX services (Dashboard > Services) after changing the ports to the default?
    upload_2017-6-2_10-14-20.png

3. Eric Osborn

Yes and unfortunately three services refuse to start. I've tried this in production and in lab, same result. I've also tried on stable V15 and RC 15.5 same result. Really need to get back to port 5060 because 911 doesn't function on Yealink without using default ports.

4. Zacharias_3CX

Zacharias_3CX Support Team

Hello @Eric Osborn

What is the version build you are currently using? Did you upgrade from an older version? How did you change the ports?

You might need to backup your instance without the License Key information and restore to a new installation in order to go back to the default ports.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Eric Osborn

Hey @3CXZacharias

I have this issue on both version 15.0.62928.5 and the latest 15.5 release.
    • I've tried changing the ports in networking section of 3CX console, rebooted. Does not work.
    • I've tried changing ports then doing a back-up and restore. Does not work.
    • I've tried backing up and restoring with and without license. Does not work.
    • I've tried backing up and restoring without license from 15.0 to 15.5. Does not work.
    I have tried all this on both versions. 3CX will not start IVR server or SIP server in any scenario.

Thanks,

Eric

6. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

all those services are depending on the SIP Service to be started. So if A fails all will fail.

when the services are stopped, open a cmd and type

netstat -ano | find "5060"

is any service listed still using this port and if so, which?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.