3CX Provisioning Changes Language on Phones

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Tahir, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tahir

Hi,

I have just factory reset my SNOM320 and am having some issues which I was hoping someone could assist with:

1) After factory restoring and uploading the new image via TFTP how come the password that was assigned to the SNOM phone during provisioning is not also reset? This seems to remain on the phone even after the new image is uploaded, how can I reset the password if needed in the future?

2) After the phone is reset everything is in English and appears to be perfect, when I then use 3CX to provision the phone, it works great during the initial provisioning, but then when i come in the next morning the phone language has changed and it has things like Tonga etc, I think it changes the language to Thailand but in 3CX everything under provisioning is set to English.

Any ideas?

2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The fact that the web password doe not change and that the language reverts to something else next day could point to that the phone has been vendor locked somehow.
    I would recommend contacting snom and ask them, I think they usually can help out on these things.

Before this though make sure in the snom UI, under Advanced -> Update, in the 'settings URL' that the 3cx provisioning link is there is there and not something different. Check this both after provisioning and the next day after the changes have reverted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.