Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3cx provisioning for Polycom broken

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by instantexpert, Jun 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. instantexpert

Has anyone else noticed that the new Polycom provisioning script is broken? My old script from v9SP4 works fine but, when I tried using the new script, the 3 available user speed dials/shared park soft keys always show the extension number. So, for our case we use:

-Ext #
    -SP0
    -SP6
    -SP8

What we see with the new provisioning template is:
    -Ext #
    -Ext #
    -Ext #
    -Ext #

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

We will check this. Are you sure you are using the latest firmware? We made an update to the templates from v9 to v10. Send us the template so we have a look at it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Yes there is a known issue with shared parking places. We need to fix it. Shared parking places do not have a name like extensions so we have to hardcode SP0-9

We will see what we can do on this.

4. instantexpert

I just saw your response. It seems this is a known issue. Do you still need my provisioning file?

I've reverted back to the v9SP4 template that I had modified to give us an idle screen logo and everything is good except for the lack of things like CODEC selection that available in the v10 template.

Leon

5. snowsam

Instantexpert -- Take a look at my post here: http://www.3cx.com/forums/blf-issue-with-polycom-20404.html

It is the "reg.1.lineKeys" number that is making your button assignments not show up.

-Sam

6. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Guys - troubleshoot this and if there is anything I need to update in this let me know asap. I will discuss with the guys in charge for polycom provisioning and we can update this instantly.

7. instantexpert

Nicky,

I can confirm that changing the reg.1.linekeys value to 1 as mentioned above solves the problem.

Leon

8. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Thanks Leon - we will update this in the templates and issue the templates on the online webserver for download.

thanks for your time on this.

9. instantexpert

I got notification of an update for the polycom provisioning templates and downloaded them. However, the problem does not actually appear to be fixed in the new version.

Your broken code:

<reg
    reg.1.address="%%extension_number%%"
    reg.1.auth.password="%%extension_auth_pw%%"
    reg.1.auth.userId="%%extension_auth_id%%"
    reg.1.displayName="%%extension_first_name%% %%extension_last_name%%"
    reg.1.lineKeys="1"
    reg.1.lineKeys.SPIP320="2"
    reg.1.lineKeys.SPIP321="2"
    reg.1.lineKeys.SPIP330="2"
    reg.1.lineKeys.SPIP331="2"
    reg.1.lineKeys.SPIP335="2"
    reg.1.lineKeys.SPIP335="2"
    reg.1.lineKeys.SPIP450="3"
    reg.1.lineKeys.SPIP550="4"
    reg.1.lineKeys.SPIP560="4"
    reg.1.lineKeys.SPIP650="6"
    reg.1.lineKeys.SPIP670="6"
    reg.1.server.1.address="%%pbx_ip%%"
    reg.1.server.1.expires="900"
    reg.1.server.1.port="%%param::sipport%%"
    reg.1.server.1.register="1"
    />

My working code:

<reg
    reg.1.address="%%extension_number%%"
    reg.1.auth.password="%%extension_auth_pw%%"
    reg.1.auth.userId="%%extension_auth_id%%"
    reg.1.displayName="%%extension_first_name%% %%extension_last_name%%"
    reg.1.lineKeys="1"
    reg.1.lineKeys.SPIP320="1"
    reg.1.lineKeys.SPIP321="1"
    reg.1.lineKeys.SPIP330="1"
    reg.1.lineKeys.SPIP331="1"
    reg.1.lineKeys.SPIP335="1"
    reg.1.lineKeys.SPIP335="1"
    reg.1.lineKeys.SPIP450="1"
    reg.1.lineKeys.SPIP550="1"
    reg.1.lineKeys.SPIP560="1"
    reg.1.lineKeys.SPIP650="1"
    reg.1.lineKeys.SPIP670="1"
    reg.1.server.1.address="%%pbx_ip%%"
    reg.1.server.1.expires="900"
    reg.1.server.1.port="%%param::sipport%%"
    reg.1.server.1.register="1"
    />

10. snowsam

Leon -- My config would be similar, except I would set everything to "2" rather than "1". The reason for that is that then you have two instead of just one is that for all the phones that gives you two line appearances rather than just one.

For the IP550, you then have 2 buttons available to be assigned to BLF/etc. For the IP650 then you have 4 buttons available.

For a smaller phone that did not have as many buttons (IP430), you would have none available to assign.

Really, this is a per-install choice that should be made by the admin for their types of phones. I'm OK with 1 or 2, especially if something is added to the documentation. My config is just a little more middle ground.

11. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

What is the difference between what you say is broken and what you say is working?

Can you also explain why this makes ours problematic?

12. snowsam

Very simply:
    I have an ip 550. You have all 4 keys set to be line keys. Therefore no matter what I set for buttons, they never show up because the slots are taken my the line keys.

Same for the ip 650. 6 buttons available, but I can't get button assignments to show due to all being assigned as line keys.

Reduce the number of line keys to 1 or two and then buttons flow in after them.

Sam

13. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

This is what we did this morning after this request. I will update the latest templates soon.

What we will do is the following:

If phone has 1 line key, then it is obvious and will remain with 1 line
    If phone has 2, we will leave them with 2 line keys (example 320)
    If phone has more than 2 (example 650) we will provision the first 2 line keys as lines and the remaining 4 keys will be user keys (blf etc)

Thanks for the update. We will update the online templates soon.

14. snowsam

15. reighnman

Made a post on this as well then saw this thread. Please test these things better before releasing them.

I think it would have been better to leave the template as it was (1 line key by default for all models). This is something that will change depending on your environment so best to make a custom config for it if necessary.

16. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Test what better before releasing? There was nothing to test. This was an intended change made by design as we thought that there was not much of a point to provision 2 lamps for blf on a 450 or 550 polycom with 3 and 4 lamps only. The basis was that a sidecar is intended since polycom have a few number of line keys.

Anyway this is reverted and we will put 2 lines only and the rest can be configurable.

17. instantexpert

FWIW,

It is my understanding that not all Polycom phones support a sidecar. For example, the IP560s we use here do not support the sidecar.

Leon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.