Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX provisioning on SNOM 360 major issue

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by SFX Group, Aug 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SFX Group

Hi

I am testing 3CX (we currently sell Cisco UC series with there phones (SPA5xx) and so far the below will not change this).

I am not impressed with the provision at this point (Ben in sales says 3CX is way better than Cisco, my experience debunks this statement).... please see below..

Snom 360 (fm v8.7.3.19)
    Has IP address, 3CX sees this.
    Am unable to auto-provision (this is a MAJOR issue) so have to copy a URL to the webpage on the phone itself, this then works BUT, i have a HUGE 3CX logo on the screen, no extension name, no extension ID number.

Snom 360 after provision (>>> no name or extension number <<<):
    This will stop me selling 3CX however (read on)
    [​IMG]

Ben (in sales) has sent me a demo key and tells me this is way better then Cisco, so please someone explain to me why i have to do the below to even remove the logo from the 3CX screen....

Website says to edit the provision templates (here http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/phone-provisioning-templates/):
    - Go to ‘Settings’ -> ‘Phone Provisioning’
    - In the “Template Name” Combo box, select the Phone Model Number for which you would like to adjust the template.
    Image of the Settings > Phone provition page (>>> No "Template name" <<<)
    This will stop me selling 3CX however (read on)
    [​IMG]

I found the files (as pointed to me by someone who contacted me directly with the same enquiry as i did about which PBX to sell), i found the provisioning file:
    "C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\Templates\phones\snom.ph.xml"
    POINTS TO
    "C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\provisioning\logo\snom360.xml"
    INSIDE HAS
    Code:
    <Image>
    <Data encoding="base64">
    Qk32AAAAAAAAAD4AAAAoAAAAQAAAABcAAAABAAEAAAAAALgAAADKmQAAypkAAAIAAAAAAAAA
    AAAAAP///wDwD//APB//B+AD/wAGD/4PwAH8AAcH/B+AAPg/w4P8P4Pg8P/zw/h/B/Bh///B
    8H8H8GP//+Dg/w/wQ///8EH///BH//n4A///4Mf/+PwH//4Ax//4fgf//gHH//g+D//+A8f/
    +HwH//4Bx//4+AP//+HH//vwQf+H4OP///Dh/4fg4f//4OD/h+Dx///B8H+D4PB/44P4P4AB
    +B/DB/wfwAH+AAYP/g/gB/8ADh//D/gP/+B/////
    </Data>
    <LocationX>28</LocationX>
    <LocationY>13</LocationY>
    <Invert>0</Invert>
    </Image>
    If i delete this part i do not get the image, BUT i still do not get the extension name or number.
    I have gone 2-3 hours page even wanting to sell 3CX, so am i missing something here?

I have copied Ben on this message to get some answers, i really do hope i missed something, to date Cisco will be getting some more installs.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. kevin

kevin Member

Note: The Snom 360 is actually an end-of-life model.

I would suggest your investigation by removing the provisioning from the phone in question, performing a factory reset, and configuring it MANUALLY.

If this gives you an acceptable format to the LCD display, you can examine the settings and compare it to the 3cx-supplied provisioning template, and create your custom version of the template which you can then use for your deploys.

To edit a template, you would need to use the Windows Application version of the Management Console. Having said this, I would recommend that you first make a clone of the template and edit the clone with a text editor with syntax highlighting features, such as Notepad++.

For some quick-start hints on customizing provisioning templates: http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/phone-provisioning-complete-guide/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.