• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX Provisioning Template Breaks Fanvil H5 Functionality

Status
Not open for further replies.

buillett

Customer
Reaction score
I provisioned a Fanvil H5 per 3CX instructions and provisioning happened without a hitch.

Unfortunately, once the phone is provisioned, the original functionality of the phone is broken. E.G., when you go to dial a number, the icons with text below them for dial and delete still show up, however, the functionality is removed from the phone.

I noticed when I log into the Fanvil phone directly, blank BLF fields have been created by the 3CX default provisioning template for the soft keys on the home screen as well as all the subscreens, hence, the provisioning template creating blanks is breaking the default functions built into the phone (see attached screenshot of post provisioned phone). Pre-Provisioning, the phone has 6 DSS/BLF keys available to be modified in the web interface DSS Key 1-1 through DSS Key 1-6, which are the homescreen keys you would normally select in the BLF field in 3CX, all the other submenu keys are hidden (DSS 2-1 - DSS 5-6) as they are contextual submenus.

Has anyone modified this provisioning template to keep built-in hidden functions from being converted to blanks?

Also, does anyone know how to change the default icons for DSS 1-1 through DSS 1-6 so that BLF fields on the home screen aren't locked into being shown with factory default icons?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-02 at 1.58.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-02 at 1.58.00 PM.png
    130.4 KB · Views: 16
Hello @buillett

I have just provisioned a H5 and the dial and delete buttons are normally working once the phone is provisioned. What firmware version are you running on the phones and are you using a custom or the default templates? Also is the phone local to the server or remote?

I am using firmware version 2.0.2.2842 which I downloaded from the 3CX provisioning instructions link for the H5. I'm using the default template and the phone is local to the server. Thanks in advance for your help. -Jean

I am using firmware version 2.0.2.2842 which I downloaded from the 3CX provisioning instructions link for the H5. I'm using the default template and the phone is local to the server. Thanks in advance for your help. -Jean
That is the same firmware as my test phone and the buttons work normally after the provision. Cn you try resetting the phone and trying to provision it again in case something went wrong the first time?

I reset the phone to factory default, re-provisioned and had the same problem. I tried it a third time just to see if I might have some luck, to no avail. The same issue is cropping up. The buttons "show up", but they don't work anymore. So for example, if I begin to dial a number, I can still see the graphic for dial and delete, however, neither button works. Are those buttons definitively responding still on your side Yiannis? I can see them, but they're non-functional. I'm not sure why so many blank DSS fields are being created each time. When I look at the 3CX template, there isn't anything in there that would seem to be a cause for that as I only see code for 6 DSS keys in the 3CX provisioning template, yet, the same issue keeps coming up each time.

The 2 mentioned buttons "Dial" and "Delete" still work after provisioning the phone on my unit so not sure what is different with your phone. Can you send me a screenshot of the system information from the web interface of the phone?
Regarding the DSS keys the phone only supports 6 buttons on the screen so that is how many we are provisioning in the template.

I've attached a screenshot of the system information from the web interface of the phone.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-07 at 8.28.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-07 at 8.28.55 PM.png
    291.7 KB · Views: 11
I found the issue with the phone and i was able to replicate it locally. The issue is with the SP4 template (the test phone i am using was provisioned on a SP5 beta server) and the issue will be resolved if you upgrade to SP5 and upgrade the phone. Please note that SP5 final will be available shortly.

Thanks for figuring that out. Would you be able to attach a copy of the new template for the H5 from SP5? I think I'm going to hold tight for the production release of SP5 to upgrade my server.

Thanks for figuring that out. Would you be able to attach a copy of the new template for the H5 from SP5? I think I'm going to hold tight for the production release of SP5 to upgrade my server.
I think its best that you wait for the SP5 release as using the new template with SP4 might generate different issues. You will not have to wait long for the release of SP5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.