3cx proxy manager

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by abouelric, Jul 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abouelric

I was able to configure 3cx proxy manager to work from outside. All is working perfectly but sometimes the tunnel drops and it will not reconnect until i stop and start the service.
    Any i dea how to configure the tunnel to reconnect automatically?
    Thanks
    Ricardo

2. bluetel2

bluetel2 Member

hello,

go to services.msc, and go to propertie of service proxy 3cx.

you can do restart when service stop, in the recovery tabs.

have good day

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. wzaatar

You should report some logs as this is not supposed to happen this way.

I assume you don't want to keep monitoring the status all day long.

I'd suggest you run a watchdog script and restart the services using a "NET STOP servicename" then "NET START servicename" until you figure out why this is happening.

Cheers,

W.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. abouelric

Hi Wadih,
    Thanks for your reply,
    what is watchdog? from where can I download the software?
    thanks
    Ricardo

5. abouelric

maybe the 3cx developpers should add a keep-a-live feature to the 3cx proxy manager, the role of this feature is to check if the tunnel is still alive with 3cx server. if not it should reconnect.

6. wzaatar

Hi Ricardo.

Sorry for the geeky wording.

You can just create a batch file under Windows and schedule it to run every several minutes, verify if a PING is replying and if not simply restart the service. PM me your email address if you want help with the script.

Cheers,

W.

7. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi, Ricardo

If by "tunnel drops" you mean "tunnel crashes", then Ehermouet suggested an elegant solution few posts above: From system services (type services.msc in the Windows Start/Run) do a right click on your tunnel, from menu choose Properties then, in the dialog window, go to the Recovery page and there, for all "First failure", "Second Failure" and "Subsequent failures" choose from their options "Restart the Service", select after how minutes you want (I suppose default 1 min) in "Restart service after", then click Apply button and close. In this way, everytime tunnel will crash, it will be restarted automatically.

Now, what it means "tunnel drops"? Can you describe it? It's a crash, a hangup?

Regards
    vali

8. abouelric

What i mean by tunnel drop is that the sip phone will not register with 3cx server untill i restart the 3cx sip proxy tunnel service on the client.
    when the tunnel drops i have noted:
    - on the server side, the 3cx phonesystem sip/rtp tunneling proxy is running
    - on the client the 3cx sip proxy tunnel is running
    - internet connection on both 3cx server and client are running.
    - the sip phone on the client "counter path bria" that is connected to the 3cx sip proxy tunnel through 127.0.0.1 is not registered and will not register until the 3cx sip proxy tunnel is restarted.

i think there is a bug in the client...
    let me know if you need anything else

9. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi, Ricardo

Quite strange :roll:
    Let me understand: you have the PBX (and it's tunnel) running. You start the proxy manager (client tunnel) then start the phone. After some time, you discover that phone is no longer registered and you have to restart the client tunnel in order to phone registration succeed. Is my description correct?
    If yes, then a question: each phone has a re-registration interval, usually 30 min. Depending on how often the issue you describe appear, you may assume that the first re-registration fails? However, please try to do the following: on your phone, set this registration time to a lower value, say 1-2 min, and tell me if the issue you describe happens sooner than before, then I will ask you for some tracelogs.

Regards
    vali

10. abouelric

Hi Vali,
    yes your description is correct. I will try to set an interval and will let you know the results.

11. abouelric

Dear Vali,
    I have minimized the reregistration to 180 sec. The issue is still occuring. what should i do next?

thanks
    Ricardo

12. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi, Ricardo

Basically, I need to check at least client tunnel's logfile, to see what's happen at failed reregistration attempt - if your configuration does not contain public IPs/addresses, you may post it here. If this one will not be enough, I will need also PBX tunnel's logfile and PBX's 3CXPhoneSystem.trace.log. Did you checked, in the Management Console, "Server activity log", is there any hints about registration attempt which fails?

Regards
    vali

13. abouelric

Dear Vali,
    I have attached the 3cx tunnel log file. i have repaced the real IP with 999.999.999.999 before i posted the log.
    goodluck
    Ricardo

Attached Files:

14. abouelric

Dear vali,
    Just checking if there is any updates abouts this issue?
    Ricardo

15. bluetel2

bluetel2 Member

hello,

is it possible to use 3cx proxy manager with 3cx voipclient or 3cx voipphone ?

16. abouelric

Hi
    I think that the functionality of the 3cx proxy manager is included in 3cx voipclient and 3cx voipphone. 3cx proxy manager was created to be used with any sip adaptor or softphone (non 3cx).
    you can read about the proxy manager on: http://wiki.3cx.com/documentation/networking/sip-proxy-manager

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.