Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX pull client name if matches phone number

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cyberhostpro, Jul 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cyberhostpro

HI

We use 3CX (v11sp4) we have Snom 360 phones and also use 3cx MyPhone on the desktop (mostly for copying and pasting phone numbers from websites and hitting call). I was wondering, we use whmcs.com billing software for all our clients. Is it possible somehow that when a call comes in, 3CX could send the phone number to query WHMCS, and if it matches a customer, the customers phone number will show on the MyPhone app (or on the snom screen) ??

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I know that the 3CX phonebook will put a name against a number even replacing whatever name is sent from your provider.

I use that quite a bit for calls from Mobiles, where the normal name display is simply "Mobile Caller". The Phonebook allows you to substitute the actual callers name.

3. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

Also by pressing f11 that will enable you to skip copying and pasting and simply dialing right from MyPhone

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. cyberhostpro

thanks for replies, but none of these help me :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.