3CX Push Always Shows Extension Registered

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by kraichle, May 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kraichle

I setup the 3CX mobile app on a cell phone to test with an extension. It worked and then I decided to remove the app from the mobile phone. I would have expected the extension status to show unregistered at that point, but it still shows as registered. How do I get the extension in the status area to show the correct state? I could delete the extension and that would probably clear it, but don't think that's the correct method.

Extension 74 is the extension below.

Any ideas?

upload_2017-5-22_16-30-11.png

upload_2017-5-22_16-32-42.png

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

#2 leejor, May 23, 2017
    Last edited: May 24, 2017
  3. kraichle

Got it. I turned off Push Notifications for that extension and it showed unregistered as it should be with no UA on the other end, but when I turned turned Push back on, it showed registered again. I would have expected the UA to have at least registered once before the status showed registered. I deleted the extension and re-added it, which seems to be the only way to reset an extension once a device registers as a Push device, correct?

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I seem to recall a post about changing the status to Away, or Not Available, but i haven't tried that myself.

5. kraichle

Well, I'm good with just deleting and re-adding, thanks.

6. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

When you switch push on, we launch a dialer to your extension. It has to be like this because we get the call first and we immediately need to notify apple's APNS or google's firebase (ex GCM) services so they can push your smartphone and you get the call.

If PUSH is distracting your operations and you don't use smartphones for company calls, just disable it. But if enabled, It should work seamless. Problem you have is not 100% clear.

There are numerous forum requests to reduce this 2 min default re-registration timer we have infused in all IP phones and clients. That was done long time ago to maintain the health of the sip registration. We are using other technologies nowadays that no longer depend on this timeout. We can suggest to make this timer configurable and you will make it 30 sec. So it expires quick. A busy company can make this 1 or 2 hours thus bombarding the server much less if each device renews its presence every 2 hours compared to every 2 min..

We will discuss this internally. It's good to have this flexibility.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. kraichle

To clarify my question, I thought after I removed the 3CX app off my test phone and rebooted the phone the extension status would eventually have changed to "Not Registered", but it didn't. It didn't make sense, so that's why I asked the question. Seems like your 2 min re-registration timer never expired.

8. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

No removing the app does not unsubscribe for push. Uncheck the checkbox in the management console.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. kraichle

OK, I think what's confusing to me is the fact that all extensions, when first created, have the checkbox checked. Every extension reacts the same under status with respect to registered/unregistered until you setup a mobile app on any one of those extensions. After that the registered/unregistered status is pretty much useless for that particular extension. It's like a one-way street you can't go back the way you came. You have to blow away the extension and start over from scratch to have the extension behave like all the other "non mobile" extensions, correct?

10. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Actually no - you do not delete the extension. Dont need.
    You just simply have to uncheck the checkbox "Enable Push"
    Do this for all extensions.
    Then reprovision the extensions and guaranteed - you will not have push and your dialers will not register.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.