• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX RECENT UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

nessa

Reaction score
I have recently updated this past Friday. Now that it's web based some things seem great. I guess old habits die hard but I wanted to know if anyone knows the answers to the following questions. I've gone to the support and it's just standard instructions.

1) Can a transfer be done when the call is parked instead of during the call? (It use to be like that)
2) We use to get a pop up on our screen to show us who was calling, is this feature still available?
3) If we want to transfer to a call to an extension that status is available how do we do that? (We use to put *4 then the #)

Thank you!

Hi

1) Yes you can transfer a parked call via the new 3CX MyPhone
2) Only via Outlook Integration
3) You can do this via the 3CX MyPhone or on the IP Phone (Right Click the incoming Call, you get a pop up, Select Transfer, Enter the number or extension)

nessa said:
I have recently updated this past Friday. Now that it's web based some things seem great. I guess old habits die hard but I wanted to know if anyone knows the answers to the following questions. I've gone to the support and it's just standard instructions.

1) Can a transfer be done when the call is parked instead of during the call? (It use to be like that)
2) We use to get a pop up on our screen to show us who was calling, is this feature still available?
3) If we want to transfer to a call to an extension that status is available how do we do that? (We use to put *4 then the #)

Thank you!

Everything is clear - the only thing that I did not understand is this

*4 and the number is the default inbuilt dial code to access an extensions voicemail directly. With the MyPhone you can click on the active call, click on transfer, a popup wil be displayed and you can type in or select extension, name number, phonebook entry of the person you want to transfer the call too.

In this dialog you will also see the status of the extension so you know that if he is away, you might not bother transferring the call in the first place and choose to transfer to another destination instead.

davidbenwell said:
1) Yes you can transfer a parked call via the new 3CX MyPhone
2) Only via Outlook Integration
It seems that's not possible for everyone. In our case an external call that is answered by a common extension (not being a management user) can be parked but then can't be transferred unless it's before unparked. This works well for extensions that are member of the MANAGEMENT group.

A common extension is restricted and cannot perform all operations.

However EVERYONE Can park and unpark calls so parking is an exception to the rule.

Maybe you should add this common extension to the administrator group and put perform operations.

So create a group named company users and put members in this group. Then set this common extension to Perform operations on calls to users of this group. Let me know how this goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.