3CX Recording Access Permissions

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by interactive9, Mar 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. interactive9

Good afternoon, we have a customer who has a sales department and an accounts department, each department has a manager.

We would like to implement call recording but sales manager should be able to access recordings from sales extensions only, and accounts manager access to recordings for accounts extensions only.

Company director should be able to access all recordings.

Is it possible to configure 3CX in this way?

Thanks in advance.

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @interactive9

You can give an extension rights to be able to view and download its own recordings. That is part of the 3CX client configuration available under Phone provisioning / 3CX client / Access section.
    For an extension to be able to view and download other peoples recording you will need to either give them management console access with General System Administration or give them the right to generate call reports allow downloads of call recordings.

The second option allows the user to create a call report for the extensions he needs. Once the report is created he is able to download recordings through the report.

3. strint_echo

I feel like I should chime in here to say that I (and I suspect others) would also like to configure recording permissions the way @interactive9 describes. We currently use the solution you suggested, but it is not desired behavior, as anyone who is allowed to download call recordings generated by reports for their department can do the same for any call in any department. This means, for example, an assistant manager (who's tasked with coaching support reps on their calls) has free access to listen to the CEO's calls, or HR's, or whomever else's that might be discussing potentially sensitive matters. It makes much more sense from this standpoint to allow access to call recordings based on group admin status (the same way barging works), rather than simply allowing downloading of all calls via reports.

Understanding that it's not trivial to make such a change to the way 3CX permissions work, is there any hope that a change like this might be implemented in the future?

interactive9 likes this.
  4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I would recommend creating a feature request in our ideas section of the forum regarding this so it can be upvoted by other users and evaluated by the appropriate department.

5. voiptoys

voiptoys Member

If you need more control over who can access recordings, take a look at our 3CX Recording Manager. This add-on for 3CX honors the roles of extension group members. In other words, extension group managers can only see recordings made by members of their extension group, and their personal recordings. Non-managers can only see their own recordings. Further, in our web portal, managers can "score" how the agent handled the call, and add notes to the recordings -- handy for training new agents. Our add-on does a lot more, but I wanted to limit my comments to address your specific points.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. interactive9

Thanks for the responses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.