3CX Registration Solution

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ipSkillz, Mar 23, 2007.

1. ipSkillz

Dear admin/admins.

I truly wish to congratulate you all, on the release of such an amazing contribution to the software industry.

This post is offered as a suggestion only and is not written to offend the authors of this incredible product, know that when I write, I lose grace.

I seem to have registration problems with internal lines after I have made changes to the system via 3cx.

In this post I will briefly touch on the two main components that are making your application more difficult to administer than should be required.

As a consumer, and as a corporate afilliate, I would like to see the following features thrown into this product.

A "Register" or "Register this line" option (next to each extension) or a global register option in the line status window.

I feel this option is needed as the only way I can seem to re-register the services after making changes is to restart 3cx using the services.msc appliance, and then restart any other extensions that I have placed over the system.

Also, it's a bit of a hassle to navigate back to the line status page after changes have been made. Perhaps we can see this product take us back to the line status page, and then re-register the ammended extension by itself, perhaps it could re-register all extensions at once after making any changes.

Finally, there seems to be a large performance hit using the postgreSQL database as a backend. I feel that perhaps mysql will allow the system to communicate closer to real time, currently, the database has quite a slow transactional timeframe.

This is the greatest application since beryl ate windows.

Respect.

2. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Hi ipSkillz,

Thank you for suggestions and comments.

About registration.
    You can solve this problem if you configure extensions (PSTN gateway lines) to make registration each 1min (for example). In this case all extension(PSTN lines) will be ready to receive calls in 1 min after PBX restart. Notice, that VoIP lines always registered immediately after startup because PBX is a client of VoIP provider.

About postgressSQL.
    postgressSQL provides acceptable performance. But if it will be necessary we will provide more efficient solution for speedup call processing.

Thanks,
    Stepan

3. tcgmuc

Hi Stepan,

that

4. ipSkillz

Sy, yeah, thanks, informative post.

In my opinion the call processing is hot.
    I'll look for the option to register after 1 minute.

The problem on my end, is this.

If I make any changes whatsoever to any extension, siphone or external ivr, then the system fails to answer any calls correctly (or at all), this means I have to manually restart he server in services.msc and then restart any external extensions manually (each time i make changes to any extension), it may be a localized issue but I keep my pc's in good health at all times.

About the db backend... what I actually meant is that the http interface seems a little laggy for me, but that might be my fault for choosing intel for once.

regards, skillz.