3CX remote handset stun cti mode

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by nathanmsaunders, Jan 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nathanmsaunders

Has anyone got cti mode working on remote handsets with the new version of 3CX 15.5

I can use cti from the web client but the windows client shows me make call on the phone when trying to use cti.

Is it possible yet with USCTA for the desk phone and desktop app to use cti remotely?

I have the latest firmware for my yealink t48 handset and the latest version of the 3CX.

2. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

I have got remote handsets working in CTI via the SBC, STUN is a different as with the SBC all traffic is kept local to the handsets (where STUN it is not).

STUN extensions are seen by the PBX as being singular extensions out on the net regardless of location. This may make CTI work in a different manner to local LAN or SBC setup.

3. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @nathanmsaunders

Please note that this is the default behaviour as CTI is not supported with phones provisioned with STUN so MAKE CALL will be used instead.
    To be able to operate in full CTI mode, the remote phone would have to be provisioned via SBC,
    or be used with the 3CX Web Client that uses uaCSTA as opposed to the windows client.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.