3CX REST API to manage Configuration

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by voipvision, May 8, 2017.

3CX REST API to manage Configuration 5 5 11votes
5/5, 11 votes

1. voipvision

Please provide a REST API to manage configurations from external systems (e.g. Adding User, Removing User, Renaming User, change Call Forward Rules, etc).

A REST API would allow the pbx to be controlled from an external system like customer account center and so forth.

B.Fluehmann likes this.
  2. Hielkio

Vote +1 :)
    This would be a really great feature for a lot of people ... I know for sure!

B.Fluehmann likes this.
  3. Timo

4. loyer

I also vote +1 for this. I would in particular like to have the ability to get a list of all extensions on the system and be able to query their cell phone numbers and DIDs. I want this to integrate with Twilio SMS. I am currently using Twilio Trunks and can forward text messages to their cell phones but I need to maintain my own database of extensions and cell phone numbers.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    B.Fluehmann likes this.
  5. vpage

I also vote +1 for this

6. B.Fluehmann

Most important functions for us:
    - Manage Phonebook (add, update, delete entries)
    - Query call-history (global or per extension)
    - Query queue history/statistics
    - Query health information (logs, alerts)

sv9080w3u02 likes this.
  7. Benjamin Fauchald

+5

Do we now have to use a .net service to connect to the REST api?
    Im not sure I understand how to query the call que etc from ruby or any other linux call?

8. voiptoys

voiptoys Active Member

Guys, there is the 3CX Call Control API. To use the API, however, you must attach to it via a .Net Core application. We built an HTTP API for call control actions (makecall, drop, transfer, barge, etc). But please note that the 3CX API is called the "Call Control" API. It does not expose log information for example. You can, however, update extensions, and lots of other things strictly not "call control" functions. To get access to call history, and logging information, you will need to do so outside the API. Take a look at our 3CX Exporter tool for duplicating the call log information into SQL or MySQL. Accessing the 3CX database directly is frowned upon by 3CX support, and doing so must be done with great care (if at all and not recommended). We could easily expand our HTTP API to allow you to do things like update extensions.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...