Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3cx restore failed. Couldn't start any of the services

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by meshuga, Jul 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meshuga

I booted up a laptop with 3CX I havent touched in a few weeks, and got a Services failed to start message. I looked at Event Log, and it said '3CXPhoneSystem : unspecified error" so I did a backup, completely uninstalled, reinstalled and tried to restore it and got this:
    [​IMG]

I have attached the file here:

which has the whole backup.

Anyone have any ideas? This has happened before and the only fix I've found is reformat Windows, but this is a fully functional server I would rather not do that with.

3CX ran fine for weeks on it, then we packed it up and haven't tocuhed it for a couple weeks. I don't understand what could have corrupted it.

Attached Files:

2. tpinnovations

tpinnovations Member

I'm going to try and load this up in vmware and see if I have any luck with it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. tpinnovations

tpinnovations Member

Everything looks ok to me, I can't get into the system because I don't have your admin password however I was able to get into the MyPhone side of it by getting the users from the database.

Run the uninstaller, reboot the server, delete the 3CX folder. Reinstall. Should be just peachy, if its not than perhaps we need to look at some stuff within the OS.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. tpinnovations

tpinnovations Member

Alright, well after finding the location of the admin password I was able to get in.

OK, It appears that you have created a loop.

Creating an extension, then setting it as a trunk.

None the less, I was able to test a trunk and extension and get everything working. So defiantly need to troubleshoot the OS.

5. meshuga

Well, I can try reloading again, but it's a clean install I setup and then didn't touch for a month. This has happened a few other times before too with 3CX, with this exact error.

I guess I am no choice but to reinstall Windows. I have tried to reinstall 3CX 3 or 4 times already to no avail, cleaning out .net versions and using the install checker.
    Thanks for trying.

And no, I don't have a loop. I am using 3CX as a middleman, taking from one phone system and passing to a SIP endpoint. It's a fairly common setup.
    It allows me to use 3CX in a demo kit scenario, and if internet connectivity exists provide PSTN from my Corporate PBX, and if not still allows local access to work. It works really well for this purpose actually.

When I can get it installed, anyways, and don't get 'unspecified errors' when rebooting a machine I haven't touched in weeks, and then have no method of troubleshooting whatever that means. Everything else on the machine functions.
    I will update the thread when this happens again, hopefully with enough posts we can narrow down the problem next time, and the time after.

Thanks for all your input and feedback.

6. tpinnovations

tpinnovations Member

I have had a lot of bad blood running 3CX on server 2003, particularly on R2 64 bit. I have been running it with IIS and Server 2008 64Bit for awhile now and all the little issues went away.

If you have an action park or a way to get 2008 you might tree it and see if it helps your case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.