• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3cx returning to 5060 instead of source port

Status
Not open for further replies.

Destonomos

Reaction score
I am inter-opting with a new phone and when it trys to connect to the 3cx server it does so through 4180 to port 5060 on the 3cx then the 3cx server responds from 5060 to 5060 instead of to 4180. Why does it do this automatically instead of returning traffic to 4180 so that the phone can register with the server?

I'm a noob to 3cx if you can't tell.

Destonomos said:
I am inter-opting with a new phone
Destonomos said:
it does so through 4180 to port 5060

What make/model phone is it?

Does this mean that the phone is on the same network or outside your LAN? Are you talking about port forwarding, in your router?

What does the set registration look like, in the 3CX server logs, that is where 3CX "learns" what SIP port the device is programmed to use.

Sorry, I was a little off in my info I presented. The router here on the pbx's network is sending it out 4180 to 5060 to the pbx but the pbx isn't doing the reverse, it is sending from 5060 to 5060. The PBX is sitting on a public IP address and the phone is connecting to that address.

Destonomos said:
but the pbx isn't doing the reverse, it is sending from 5060 to 5060.

It is sending it to what , a set? 3CX will send to whatever port the device registers with. If you datafill, in the set, that its port is 4180, the 3CX will send to 4180.
Have a look at the 3CX log just after the set registers, power the set down then up to force it to register if you have to. The log will show what 3Cx received from the set. It uses that info to send messages back to the set.

Sorry if I'm a little slow, I'm a noob at this stuff and still learning. The 3cx logs show nothing acount the phone trying to connect. It only says if it is connected. I had to do a wireshark to figure out what it was doing. Does it show that through verbose, but besides the point how do I change to make the 3cx respond to 4180 instead of 5060 like it is doing.

where on the server are the options is what i'm trying to ask.

Destonomos said:
Sorry if I'm a little slow, I'm a noob at this stuff and still learning. The 3cx logs show nothing acount the phone trying to connect. It only says if it is connected. I had to do a wireshark to figure out what it was doing. Does it show that through verbose, but besides the point how do I change to make the 3cx respond to 4180 instead of 5060 like it is doing.

where on the server are the options is what i'm trying to ask.

Hi

Could you please read the post:
http://www.3cx.com/forums/forum-rules-read-to-get-answers-93.html
?

Thanks

1. A wireshark shows that the phone is connecting from IP from port 4180 to 5060. Reply from 3cx server for registration says from 5060 to 5060.
2. the phone is a panasonic model KX-TGP550T04
3. log is empty on non-verbose

should I do verbose to see. I mean the wireshark shows what is going on that is wrong.

Destonomos said:
1. A wireshark shows that the phone is connecting from IP from port 4180 to 5060. Reply from 3cx server for registration says from 5060 to 5060.
2. the phone is a panasonic model KX-TGP550T04
3. log is empty on non-verbose

should I do verbose to see. I mean the wireshark shows what is going on that is wrong.

1. Really?
2. one piece of information has arrived ;)
3. it is the symptom...

Could you please provide information about 1.?
it will be the first step to understanding...

Thanks

The phone is not registering with the 3cx system.

Destonomos said:
The phone is not registering with the 3cx system.

I can repeat:
SY said:
Could you please provide information about 1.?

Thanks

Destonomos said:

The source port on the Panasonic should be set to 5060, unless there is more than one phone behind a router, then each needs a unique port number. Is the set behind a router or does it also have a public IP? Did you go through the phone settings to see if you can find "4180" ? 3CX will reply to the port number that shows up in the initial registration message.

multiple phones behind the router is the reason it is using port 4180. The phone is set to 5060 but since there are multiple phones the router is giving it 4180 and then it is going out to the public internet. The 3cx is in another location on a public IP address. A wireshark on the pbx site between itself and the default gateway reveals a connection from the phone's router of xyz ip from port 4180 to 5060 and then the 3cx server responds via captured wireshark data saying 407 Proxy Authentication Required and in that packet the source port is 5060 and its to field is 5060 when the router is listening for 4180 so it never reaches back to the phone.

At least thats what I'm seeing.

sooo

Phone === Router ===== Internet ===== PBX

from router to PBX (from:4180 to:5060)
from PBX to router (from 5060 to:5060)

Well you need to do something about the router at the phone end. The port should be set in the phone. I can't understand why the router would assign it a new port number on the public side. If there is a conflict on the LAN for port 5060 then use 5061 for the phone. publicIP + port# should be unique. I can understand the router doing port forwarding incoming (if you set it up) where you would send a message to port 5093 and the router will translate that to port 5060 internally. It sounds like it is "screwing" with the sip messaging. What make/model of router is it? Maybe it's not SIP friendly. It doesn't have an ATA built in does it?

leejor said:
Well you need to do something about the router at the phone end. The port should be set in the phone. I can't understand why the router would assign it a new port number on the public side. If there is a conflict on the LAN for port 5060 then use 5061 for the phone. publicIP + port# should be unique. I can understand the router doing port forwarding incoming (if you set it up) where you would send a message to port 5093 and the router will translate that to port 5060 internally. It sounds like it is "screwing" with the sip messaging. What make/model of router is it? Maybe it's not SIP friendly. It doesn't have an ATA built in does it?

it is a sip friendly router. It has 3 pbx's running through it right now. An epygi, hoome, and 3cx

the 3cx being the test lab, its not production.the phone has 5060 set for everything. What I'm not understanding is if the 3cx server gets a packet saying FROM:4180 why it would try to return a message to 5060 instead of logically saying, hey I got a pack from 4180, maybe I should return the message to that port instead of standard 5060 based on the packet I got.

everything in the phone is set to send info over 5060. I've changed every port it will let me.

Destonomos said:
it is a sip friendly router. It has 3 pbx's running through it right now. An epygi, hoome, and 3cx

So you are trying to run a phone, to 3Cx on another LAN, and the phone is behind a router already running another 3CX and two more PBX's? There is a real good chance that port 5060 (the public side) is probably already in use on that LAN. You'd have to look at the initial registration message the phone sent to 3CX to see what port 3CX is instructed to respond to. I would try changing the port in the phone to something unique on that network.

leejor said:
Destonomos said:

So you are trying to run a phone, to 3Cx on another LAN, and the phone is behind a router already running another 3CX and two more PBX's? There is a real good chance that port 5060 (the public side) is probably already in use on that LAN. You'd have to look at the initial registration message the phone sent to 3CX to see what port 3CX is instructed to respond to. I would try changing the port in the phone to something unique on that network.

I was just trying to make things simpler when explaining it. The 3cx server on the same router is the 3cx server I'm trying to connect to but I'm wanting it to do it over the internet and because of vlans and what have you they are on different networks.

You are probably going to have to sort that one out yourself, it sound overly complicated.

leejor said:
You are probably going to have to sort that one out yourself, it sound overly complicated.

it is :p

its the router, figured it out. The phone is now connected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchofficees
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.