3CX ring group limitation?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by ncit, Dec 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ncit

Hi, I encounter some problem when configuring 3CX intercom with Cisco SPA5xxG phone. Configuration is as follow.
    I created a Paging Ring Group with everyone extension in the Ring Group with Virtual Ext 1111. The moment I dial *9 1111. My phone shows busy and all the phone in the office ring and pick up for 1 sec and hang up.

I did a test on the 3CX to find out what causes it to happen. And I find out that if the Ring Group have less than 64 extension, the intercom will have no problem dialing. The intercom works fine without any problem. But once the Ring Group have more than 64 extension in it, 3CX is unable to make the call.

So I conclude that 3CX have a limitation of maximum 64 extension in the Ring Group. Is there any ways to remove this limitation?

And I was surprise that no one encounter this issue before. As I tried to search the net, and I couldn't find any result.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I don't think it would be common place to to find more than 64 sets in a ring group, and given how binary and bits and Bytes work, 64 seem to be reasonable as a set limit. whether or not this can be overcome, and I suspect not, could only be answered by someone from 3CX. You may have had a faster response posting in one of the PBX categories rather than under the 3CX Phone section as this would be a PBX issue. You also failed to mention which version of the PBX you are using. If you are using one of the older versions, then the limitation you encountered may have been overcome in a later version.

However, I would want to confirm this with 3CX before upgrading.

3. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi ncit

We have a limitation on Paging groups up to 64. For over 64 sim calls, then you obviously have to use multicast paging. So configure a multicast paging group and you can invite as many participants as you want.

Best Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.